2 gig ram
2 x hard drives
2 x dvd drives
HD 5670 graphic card
E2160 dual core cpu @ 1.8GHZ
500w gigabyte psu

More about : e2160 bottleneck 5670

September 30, 2010 10:27:15 AM

E2160 is quite slow in your set up you need a more decent processor to enjoy cool games.
September 30, 2010 12:27:41 PM

it's not whether or not the cpu will bottleneck the video card, it's whether or not the cpu will be able to play the game at a desired framerate. your video card will only determine how much eye candy you can have when playing the game. the cpu will determine what the max capable framerate will be (just turn your gfx settings all of the way down and see if the game is playable) if it is playable, then ur cpu is fast enough for that particular game. the gpu will allow you to increase your rez/gfx settings until it is unplayable.

with all new games out now, you can make the gpu your bottleneck if you crank your settings all of the way up, but if you if you lower the gfx settings, you will see when and where and more importantly what games your cpu will be the bottleneck.

hope this helps and this made sense.
Related resources
October 2, 2010 4:16:20 PM

tanx for comments i recently got my gfx overclocked a , the memory is @ 1.3Ghz and the core clock is @1.1Ghz and it is only running @ 48 degrees on full load after doing some fan mods.
but i have a problem , i overclocked the cpu to 2.6Ghz , and lost about 80% of frames per second , i then brougth it down to 2.0Ghz and still have the same problem , i ran a stress test for 8hours and everthing was fine , the more cpu overclock the less fps on graphics
a b à CPUs
October 2, 2010 10:11:21 PM

sheridonsingh said:
tanx for comments i recently got my gfx overclocked a , the memory is @ 1.3Ghz and the core clock is @1.1Ghz and it is only running @ 48 degrees on full load after doing some fan mods.
but i have a problem , i overclocked the cpu to 2.6Ghz , and lost about 80% of frames per second , i then brougth it down to 2.0Ghz and still have the same problem , i ran a stress test for 8hours and everthing was fine , the more cpu overclock the less fps on graphics

That is very strange. What game?
October 3, 2010 7:30:17 AM

2181171,9,130943 said:
That is very strange. What game?[/quotemsg
it does that in any 3D application . in games , benchmarking software ,anything in 3D
a c 86 à CPUs
October 3, 2010 8:46:45 AM

yes, everything will bottleneck everything, given the right resolution, game, detail settings. Enough CPU/GPU bottleneck questions!! the question you should be asking is:

"Will my particular CPU and GPU play the games I want to play smoothly at xxxx by xxxx resolution?"

you can go from there and decide if either is causing you to not run a game smoothly and decide your upgrade possibilities of the component causing the issue.
!