zephyr948

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
I have an antec 300 illusion case. 2 intake and 2 exhaust fans. My psu is a corsair tx650w. The psu mounting is on the bottom of the case. The fan on the psu is facing down if I have the psu right side up. However, I'm thinking it would make more sense to have the psu upside down so the fan blows towards the cpu and gets taken out of the case by the 2 exhaust fans up there?

Solution
D
The fan should be up in that case. There is not really enough room for it to get good air flow if you mount it facing down. I have used that case in I think 12 builds now and fan up is in the directions. I'm too lazy to go find the .pdf but it's on the Antec site.

zephyr948

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
Ok, thanks. Which way should I install it still? There is no hole in the bottom of the case so if I did install it with fan facing down it would just be hitting the metal in the bottom of the case.

johnnyq8

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
dont worry let the fan face down the bottom of the case because it is basic thing that the hot air will go up and the cold air will be in the bottom and the exhaust fan will take care of the hot air

There's a lip on the caseback and standoffs built into the case side that keep the psu 1/2" or so off the bottom of the case.

D

Deleted member 217926

The fan should be up in that case. There is not really enough room for it to get good air flow if you mount it facing down. I have used that case in I think 12 builds now and fan up is in the directions. I'm too lazy to go find the .pdf but it's on the Antec site.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS