Sign in with
Your question

Any idea on this thing "8ware 2.5in HDD SSD Wireless Enclosure"

Last response: in Storage
October 12, 2012 9:59:49 AM

Hey guys, I was just surfing and run into this item

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

It seems like a portable enclosure for HDD and SSD, and it can also emit wireless connectivity for iOS and Android. Anyone has any ideas about this item? Pretty neat device, like the Seagate goFlex but you can add your own HDD or SSD. I tried to google it but found none reviews about this little thing. I would like to buy one of those thing to go with my iPad and be able to watch .mkv but have no ideas. :|
a b G Storage
October 12, 2012 10:21:14 AM

I don't think that would allow you to play mkv's on your ipad, you would still only be able to play whatever it can handle natively. You can use something like plex to stream them from a computer will will transcode the files and stream them to your ipad.
m
l
October 12, 2012 1:44:55 PM

I was looking for things like the AirStash or the Kingston Wi-drive as they let you open the mkv and avi files from different apps like OPlayer, etc... (I believe :D ) without the need of internet or another computer(since they have their on wifi connectivity)or conversing the files to the native supported formats in order to play on the iPad.
m
l
!