blazed1k

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
Hi guys, i'm just starting to building the computer. The case i just got has three fans(front, back, and side), and they all look like this:
12-189-119-03.jpg

Where do i plug these into?

blazed1k

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
Yeah the fan is connected to the little one on the other end. Why are there two big white ones for? I know one of them is connected to the PSU, but what about the other one? Arent there any plugs for the motherboard to control the fan speeds?

The little plug's are designed to plug into motherboard sockets,or headers as they're known,
the big ones are called molex connectors and are not usually anything to do with the Mobo (Psu direct line to the drive/fan etc), if there are molex and 3pin on the same line I'd say use one or the other,not both simultaneously,
if you use the 3pin, look for a header on the mobo you can use for it,
if you use the molex, just find a free line from the psu
Moto

sorry,brainfail there, yup, plug fan into little beige one, then use one of the molex plugs to hook it up to your psu, theres 2 molex a male and a female, you cant do it wrong tbh
or,you could find a header on the mobo and plug the fan straight in that (probably only on the rear casefan though,depends how many headers you have on Mobo
Moto