Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need new system - end of week

Last response: in Systems
July 28, 2010 7:00:28 PM

I built several pc's about 7 to 9 years ago and now I am so outdated that I don't know what to look for. So I really need help to build a solid system for the next few years.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: The end of this week

BUDGET RANGE: $600 - $700 preferrably after promo over rebate

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: It will mostly be used for software development, gaming, media, surfing the net, movies. Will also need to support Starcraft 2.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS ( not exactly unless a combo that comes with Window 7 Professional) might just use XP Pro 64bit.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com, Fry's

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA - California - Bay Area

PARTS PREFERENCES: I don't have any preferrence for AMD or Intel, as long as it is a solid system.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: don't know anything about it.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Will be purchasing a 24" monitor at a later time, will use the current 19" for now.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: The system needs to be quiet.

More about : system end week

July 29, 2010 11:23:09 AM

$660AR, cheaper if u swap F3 1TB for F3 500GB
m
l
Related resources
July 29, 2010 4:34:18 PM

Are these deals only good for one day or a period of time? I found the memory & case combo but not the CPU/mobo and video card/PSU combo. Am I not looking at the right place or don't know how to search for the combo? Help! I need to get the pc soon.

Thanks.

m
l
July 31, 2010 3:04:54 AM

batuchka said:
CPU/Mobo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
Combos usually reset beginning of the month @@ You are welcomed ^^

Thanks for getting back to me Batuchka.

So most of these components come with the cable and this setup has room for upgrades in the future, correct? Let me know so I can order it tonight.

Thanks, I appreciate you betting back to me.
m
l

Best solution

July 31, 2010 4:35:22 AM

Yes that PSU comes with the cable to connect to power socket @ wall and for just 1 HDD the amount of SATA cables bundled in with mobo would be more than enuff hehe You are welcomed ^^
August 2, 2010 5:09:56 PM

Best answer selected by pennysaver79.
m
l
!