Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How do i create partition in windows 7 home basic without formatting?

Last response: in Storage
October 13, 2012 1:02:38 AM

helllo guys,
recently i brought a new hp envy 4 1002tx laptop and it has a preinstalled windows 7 home basic 64 bit but the main problem is that it has got only 1 partition i.e, everything gets installed and stored in drive c:...........so i m trying to figure out the ways to create another partition without formatting.......so can you guys help me out with this thing??????

......confused where to post this thread being a new comer.....hope u guys dont mind
a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
October 13, 2012 1:59:50 AM

partitioning will not help you in the long run.... you are putting your data on the same drive. if that drive fails it will not matter if the data is on the c: or the d: the drive has still failed.
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
October 13, 2012 4:44:58 AM

Yes you can. You first need to resize the C to a smaller partition. Assuming its a 500GB drive, resize to 250GB. Then with the free space create a new one.
Related resources
January 26, 2013 5:36:37 AM

anonymous1 said:
partitioning will not help you in the long run.... you are putting your data on the same drive. if that drive fails it will not matter if the data is on the c: or the d: the drive has still failed.

if I intall all programs in C:, will it make my system work more slowly?
m
l
March 17, 2013 4:18:28 AM

abhi_reapar said:
helllo guys,
recently i brought a new hp envy 4 1002tx laptop and it has a preinstalled windows 7 home basic 64 bit but the main problem is that it has got only 1 partition i.e, everything gets installed and stored in drive c:...........so i m trying to figure out the ways to create another partition without formatting.......so can you guys help me out with this thing??????

......confused where to post this thread being a new comer.....hope u guys dont mind

Find out how u can resize your partition without formatting
http://www.techxure.com/2013/03/resize-your-hard-drive-...
m
l
December 6, 2013 10:29:03 PM

abhi_reapar said:
helllo guys,

m
l
!