Sign in with
Your question

GT 22 color issues

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 21, 2010 2:30:19 AM

Basically got a new nvdia gt220 and installed it into my computer, working perfectly fine, increased my FPS on wow and everything, installed the drivers but for some reason it wont display the color red, when i tried disabling it and using my motherboards graphic card red still wouldn't display, any ideas? hope it isnt broken =/

More about : color issues

June 21, 2010 2:47:23 AM

comeon, no one can help me? = / i saw threads made after me get like 20 answers and yet mine has nothing
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2010 7:53:40 AM

make sure u have latest drivers
also dnt forget to use driver sweeper while removing ur old drivers..
Related resources
June 21, 2010 7:56:38 AM

:/  i wait 8 hours to be told to install a new driver...this site isn't what i thought it would be.
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2010 8:15:06 AM

Glad to disappoint, now go away !! :hello: 

Less n00bz asking tech support questions around here the better.
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2010 8:15:29 AM

it depends on ur luck... :p 
June 21, 2010 8:17:06 AM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
Glad to disappoint, now go away !! :hello: 

Less n00bz asking tech support questions around here the better.

btw, if im a noob and you're a self-proclaimed pro, why cant you solve this issue?
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2010 8:17:12 AM

well then pray to god...may b he ll help u... :p 
June 21, 2010 8:17:35 AM

-.-....... i guess asking for help on the internet is really useless
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2010 8:22:29 AM

bacura101 said:
btw, if im a noob and you're a self-proclaimed pro, why cant you solve this issue?

Who says I couldn't?...

... but I won't for pretty much the reason I already posted, too many FAQ'in tech support whiners annoying everyone else and complaining because they didn't get no love. [:thegreatgrapeape:6]

You're pretty useless if you can't figure this out yourself with access to the internet. [:thegreatgrapeape:5]
June 21, 2010 9:01:00 AM

buddy i've asked soooooooo many people and not one has been able to solve the issue my only choice is to call nvidia and the indian on costumer support will most likely tell me to send it in for a replacement.....from what i see there's no other way to fix this.
June 21, 2010 12:12:05 PM

TheGreatGrapeApe is up his own arse most of the time and hes mod, tbh mate if you haveing nothing usefull to say why bother? Calling everyone n00bz in your leet talk doesnt really help does it?

Have you checked you monitor settings to make sure you have it set up right?
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2010 2:08:03 PM

weehamish said:
TheGreatGrapeApe is up his own arse most of the time and hes mod, tbh mate if you haveing nothing usefull to say why bother? Calling everyone n00bz in your leet talk doesnt really help does it?

If it makes you guys either change your ways or go away, then it definitely helps.
Understand what ZipZoom wrote, and why no one likes newbies coming in and whinning about the forum just because they didn't get the answer they wanted in a short few hours.

A forum full of n00bz asking each other tech support questions isn't a place anyone wants other than the n00bz who should be at Cnet instead.

Seriously, YOUR question could've been answered by Google in 30 seconds, and the OP's here would've gotten a better reception with some tact instead of deriding the fourm. Neither of you are worthy of anything more than contempt.
June 21, 2010 6:21:05 PM

Its a public forum your not GOD mate some people PREFER another persons 1 to 1 answer then google!

If i type gtx 470 vrs 5850 ill get like 200 benchmarks with either card winning ect what does that prove?

Just because we dnt live on our pcs doesnt make you any better then us.
June 21, 2010 6:23:48 PM

im not saying im better than anyone, it's just annoying how i post a question and someone who posts a question after me gets 20 replies in 5 minutes because he's not a newbie like me but i guess that's a concept too hard to grasp since you people aren't really being kind -.-
June 21, 2010 6:26:44 PM

You were a bit cheeky but Ape must be on his period hes nukeing every new person because they dont know as much as him! Its not his job to post unhelpful comments, i dunno why he does, other then the time of the month.
a c 216 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 21, 2010 6:31:42 PM

bacura101 said:
Basically got a new nvdia gt220 and installed it into my computer, working perfectly fine, increased my FPS on wow and everything, installed the drivers but for some reason it wont display the color red, when i tried disabling it and using my motherboards graphic card red still wouldn't display, any ideas? hope it isnt broken =/

Since most of what I see is about a dispute, I'll attempt to help you and ignore what might have been written above.

This may be an obvious thing, and I'm not meaning to insult you, but are you plugging your monitor into the new descrite video card?

Given both the new card and your IGP are having the same issues, it sounds a lot like the monitor or monitor cable that may be bad. Perhaps even a pin bent on the cable.
June 21, 2010 6:40:21 PM

bystander said:
Since most of what I see is about a dispute, I'll attempt to help you and ignore what might have been written above.

This may be an obvious thing, and I'm not meaning to insult you, but are you plugging your monitor into the new descrite video card?

Given both the new card and your IGP are having the same issues, it sounds a lot like the monitor or monitor cable that may be bad. Perhaps even a pin bent on the cable.

thanks for helping, well basically i tried two different cables and made sure it was plugged into the GT 220, also checked temperature and the temp is fine, i tried taking it out uninstalling my old drive and puttin it and reinstalling the new drive yet nothing works, my old graphic card was an integrated, could that be an issue? using old one now and colors work fine so it's not the monitor or cable for sure.
think i might need to send it in which wouldnt be possible since warranty is void =/
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2010 6:42:53 PM

try wid a different monitor and cable nd see...
June 21, 2010 6:43:20 PM

mjsharma said:
try wid a different monitor and cable nd see...

well here's the thing, my friend has an AMD and the same monitor, now he's tried it on his just to troubleshoot, obviously it didn't work for long because of nvidia but it worked great on his, just gave him error messages and shut down the computer, never the less it worked tho, all colors and fps was great so could it be that the VGA port on my GPU is broken and i'd have to replace it?
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2010 6:44:45 PM

oops was a bit late to hit submit button cos of spain's match :p 
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2010 6:46:24 PM

then try it on a different port on the card...
June 21, 2010 6:46:27 PM

mjsharma said:
oops was a bit late to hit submit button cos of spain's match :p 

lol well it's cool, good that you posted it, gave people more info on the issue.
a c 216 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 21, 2010 6:48:16 PM

bacura101 said:
thanks for helping, well basically i tried two different cables and made sure it was plugged into the GT 220, also checked temperature and the temp is fine, i tried taking it out uninstalling my old drive and puttin it and reinstalling the new drive yet nothing works, my old graphic card was an integrated, could that be an issue? using old one now and colors work fine so it's not the monitor or cable for sure.
think i might need to send it in which wouldnt be possible since warranty is void =/

With my Nvidia cards, I've found that if they are not seated well, they lose a color (as aposed to my ATI cards, which work at a lower bus speed).

You might pull the card out, blow some compressed air in the slot and over the card pins, and reinstall it. I have one computer that is really fussy about it, but it always ends up working after I get it seated well.
June 21, 2010 6:50:10 PM

bystander said:
With my Nvidia cards, I've found that if they are not seated well, they lose a color (as aposed to my ATI cards, which work at a lower bus speed).

You might pull the card out, blow some compressed air in the slot and over the card pins, and reinstall it. I have one computer that is really fussy about it, but it always ends up working after I get it seated well.

i have a this specific lock on my PCI slot, it holds it perfectly in place, also screwed it down, my pci slot also just recently got spotless cleaned so i dont think thats it, a friend has an HDMI monitor so i might able to see if it's my vga by hooking it up to his monitor, we'll see :p 
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2010 6:53:31 PM

wat all ports u have on ur card? vga, hdmi and anything elsE?
a c 216 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 21, 2010 6:54:16 PM

Well, I always think mine are locked in place too, and screwed in place when I've had the problem. They appear to be perfect, but it just doesn't always work, then I take it out and reinstall it, and presto, it works. Don't dismiss it too quickly.
a c 216 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 21, 2010 6:56:02 PM

One last thing, it is possible it's the PCIe slot that is bad. You never used it with your integrated card in the past, and may not have known of the fault. If you can try another video card in the slot, it would help determine if that could be the case.
June 21, 2010 6:56:09 PM

mjsharma said:
wat all ports u have on ur card? vga, hdmi and anything elsE?

DVI vga and one that looks like HDMI, not sure what it is, says DP on it.
a c 216 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 21, 2010 6:56:49 PM

DP stands for Displayport.
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2010 6:57:12 PM

bystander said:
One last thing, it is possible it's the PCIe slot that is bad. You never used it with your integrated card in the past, and may not have known of the fault. If you can try another video card in the slot, it would help determine if that could be the case.

try that tooo
June 21, 2010 6:57:41 PM

bystander said:

yeah thats what im thinking i should do :p 
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2010 6:59:22 PM

try ur luck...nd have fun :) 
June 21, 2010 7:00:59 PM

yeah gonna have a tech guy come over in a bit, see what he can do, hopefully this card works, i've been in the dreadful LOW fps for quite a while, makes nothing possible, hopefully this works out and gets fixed :p  im also thinking the VGA on the GT is broken, is there a way to replace it?
a c 216 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 21, 2010 7:03:07 PM

bacura101 said:
yeah gonna have a tech guy come over in a bit, see what he can do, hopefully this card works, i've been in the dreadful LOW fps for quite a while, makes nothing possible, hopefully this works out and gets fixed :p  im also thinking the VGA on the GT is broken, is there a way to replace it?

RMA the card. That or get a DVI to VGA adapter and use the DVI port.
June 21, 2010 7:08:31 PM

bystander said:
RMA the card. That or get a DVI to VGA adapter and use the DVI port.

yeah i was thinking of trying that, gonna need to get a cable like that first :p 
thanks to everyone who helped btw ^.^
a c 216 U Graphics card
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 21, 2010 7:11:54 PM

Before you spend money, RMA the card or anything. You should try reseating the card a couple of times (test between attempts), and if that doesn't work, try another video card you have or a friend has.

You might find the card does work. You might find the problem is still there with another video card, suggesting that it's a PCIe slot/MB issue. (or the monitor is going bad intermittantly).
June 21, 2010 7:13:04 PM

bystander said:
Before you spend money, RMA the card or anything. You should try reseating the card a couple of times (test between attempts), and if that doesn't work, try another video card you have or a friend has.

You might find the card does work. You might find the problem is still there with another video card, suggesting that it's a PCIe slot/MB issue.

yeah gonna need to find another graphic card to use though ;p, might be able to borrow one from a friend but he's kind of paranoid about his stuff, we'll see.
June 21, 2010 7:17:19 PM

yeah another problem is i believe this cards warranty is void and i can't RMA it unless i want to pay like 70 bucks to get it fixed because i know how nvidia can be sometimes.
June 21, 2010 7:21:25 PM

Hows the warranty void?
June 21, 2010 7:23:45 PM

weehamish said:
Hows the warranty void?

i remember it saying on the back of the box that if i were to open something on the graphic card it's void cant remember what it was, but i could always call nvidia and check up on it.
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2010 7:44:52 PM

weehamish said:
You were a bit cheeky but Ape must be on his period hes nukeing every new person because they dont know as much as him!

Not even remotely true, I chose you both for your special reasons as outlined. Most I simply ignore nowadays (as I was deciding on yes/no with the OP until his last comment).
Then there are other posts like the AGP vs PCI, which I know would yield very little from Google, and so I help in that thread.

However, I don't help nor tolerate people who complain about the forum not being fast enough to solve their personal problem as if it's everyone else's fault for not being at their Lauren Becall; nor do I abide people like yourself make generalized BS statements, and then unwilling to back them up with facts and instead whine about the other person.

Quote:
Its not his job to post unhelpful comments, i dunno why he does...

It's not my job, it's a perk, and also one of the conditions of my being a mod, I don't have to suffer n00bz any differently than before.

So stop moaning, and start acting like an adult instead of a petulant child.
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2010 7:46:15 PM

bacura101 said:
i remember it saying on the back of the box that if i were to open something on the graphic card it's void cant remember what it was, but i could always call nvidia and check up on it.

Usually that's only physical alterations (like replacing the heatsink), not something you would do in the course of normal use.
It's unlikely that that has changed.

That's all I'll say on it.
June 21, 2010 7:48:14 PM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
Usually that's only physical alterations (like replacing the heatsink), not something you would do in the course of normal use.
It's unlikely that that has changed.

That's all I'll say on it.

kk ill contact nvidia, see what they have to say about it.
June 21, 2010 8:05:35 PM

Quote:
It's amazing how a immature little punk turns into a thankful and polite little boy after getting an attitude adjustment.

it is.
of course i guess the word misunderstanding isn't in your vocabulary im assuming?
June 22, 2010 12:33:39 AM

just drop it. its a stupid argument!
June 22, 2010 9:24:31 AM

The thing that makes me laugh its all the regs that are flaming the new people and they call him immature? I mean mods flaming a first time post? Then telling him to grow up?
June 22, 2010 11:55:00 AM

How am i going down fast? I even said he was being cheeky, when have i moaned about the help giving? Its just people like you who are still carrying on the argument over nothing just because your a "reg" you have special rights?

The mod was out of order thats all i said.

But like you say you have kids older then me so your just probly a grumpy old fart :) 
a b U Graphics card
June 22, 2010 12:53:08 PM

u guys still fighting on this? :o 
leave it... y spoil the forum with this?
better do something creative ...
June 22, 2010 2:19:02 PM

mjsharma said:
u guys still fighting on this? :o 
leave it... y spoil the forum with this?
better do something creative ...

+1
you guys know better than that.
just PM each other if you want to argue some more. otherwise.
STFU :) 
thank you
!