Sign in with
Your question

Best i5 For Gaming

Last response: in CPUs
September 30, 2010 11:36:41 PM

Hi,
I am putting together a gaming pc and I could use a little advice on choosing the right processor. The i7's are a bit out of my price range so I am thinking of going with one of the i5's. What is best for gaming, Dual core or Quad? also, I would like to add a second video card through sli sometime down the road. Thanks to anyone who can help.

More about : gaming

a c 105 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
September 30, 2010 11:46:58 PM

the i5-750, if you can find it, is a great gaming CPU. the 760 is the new and improved update of it. although dual cores work just fine in most games, at the price range you are looking at, you may as well get a quad core that can run games optimized for both dual and quad core.

you need to post more info for graphics recommendations. such as native monitor resolution and a budget.
m
l
October 1, 2010 2:34:38 AM

My budget is around $1000.00. right now I game at 1680x1050 but I might buy a new monitor a little bit down the road so I would like to put together a system that can handle higher resolutions. I would also like to use my GTS 450. I was thinking of buying a mobo that supports sli so I have the option to run 2 gts 450's if I feel the need for a performance boost.
m
l
!