Which case should I select?

• CM 690 II Advanced

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Lian Li Lancool PC-K62

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
I have the Dargonlord K-60 with the narrow side window for my personal pc. I'm quite pleased with it. Ventilation, airflow, and cooling are excellent. Cable managent is very good. All of the Dragon Lord cases have 290mm (11.4 inches) of space for video cards. It can accomodate all of the ATI Radeon 5000 series cards except the very high end 5970.

Here is a link to a video review of the case done by monstermawd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2MdUGxWEcU

The lowest prices in the USA are usually at mwave.com:

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/deepsearch_v3.asp?scriteria=lancool&FilterCatID=

OOPS! The price for the K-62 is $10.00 lower at newegg. Looks like newegg and mwave reversed prices.

I've had both steel and aluminum pc cases. For all practical purposes there's not much of a difference.

The entire front bezel has dust filters from top to bottom. In addition the opening in the bottom panel also has a dust filter.

No point asking for votes once you include a Lian-Li (Lancool in this case) into the equation.. If you can afford it, get it and let all other case manufacturer and/or fanboys wave the cost flag..

I've owned only one Lian Li case, but that's "so far," as the quality is impeccable. I've bought many Coolermaster cases, but will no longer. Even my RC-690 had untapped screw holes. Most had at least this problem, often others, even though they were minor.
Go with the Lian Li, or check out Antec.

Juanchioo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
DO NOT check out antec... tis build quality its very bad... i wanted to buy a 1200 and when i come to see it it has an horrible sand papper finish and it doesnt look very good

I've bought a few Antec Sonata cases. They are extremely solid and quiet. Cooling could be better, but these aren't their "gaming" cases intended for overclockers. They often include a 500W Earthwatts PSU. The Antec Solo is a similar case without a PSU, but may have combo deals including an Earthwatts or Truepower PSU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108236&Tpk=dragon%20slayer

Because it is the most badass case I have ever seen. It comes with a bunch of fans, is small but still has room for a radeon 5970, 3 hard drives and an SSD or 2.5" drive. Bottom mounted power supply. Filters on everything.

The only downfall is it only support mATX motherboards, no ATX. Telling us your GPU and motherboard form factor would be useful.

MrMooky

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010

$100 limit, so a $200 case is out of the equation.

MrMooky

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010

ATX board is what I'd be looking at for the most part.

Looks like I'll have to ask all the questions:
-Plan on going crossfire?
-What length of video card will you have?
-How many hard drives? (usually not an issue)
-Do you need a lot of cooling?
-How important is noise to you?
-Portability?
-Any other preferences?

JordoR

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
For the price of that Lian Li (Sub $100) I would definately recommend it. Not that the CM is a terrible case. But I would highly recommend the lancool in this case.

MrMooky

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010

Will go crossfire in the future
Would like it to fit most cards to keep upgrading open
only 1 HDD
Not a lot of cooling, but a moderate amount
Noise isn't that important, so long as it's not a jet engine
Do not intend on moving it much if at all
The only other preference I have is for the case to look nice