Sign in with
Your question

6-pin PCI Express Video Card Power Adapter

Last response: in Components
October 1, 2010 6:51:50 AM

Hi can you use the above adapter to run an extra 2 4 pin molex cables so that I can power up some extra dvd or sata hard drives drives
a c 701 ) Power supply
a c 1382 U Graphics card
October 1, 2010 12:29:06 PM

First of that adapter is going to be the wrong gender to do what you want to do. You can not plug a male into a male.
m
l
October 1, 2010 1:43:59 PM

90smithstreet said:
Hi can you use the above adapter to run an extra 2 4 pin molex cables so that I can power up some extra dvd or sata hard drives drives

Not sure about that but you can definitely use 1 male molex to 2, 3 or even more female molex or SATA female adapter so that you can connect more DVDs or HDDs...

Something like that or that
m
l
Related resources
October 4, 2010 1:07:34 AM

rolli59 said:
First of that adapter is going to be the wrong gender to do what you want to do. You can not plug a male into a male.

Is there a an adapter that can change the gender

The problem came about when I purchased a new Thermaltake case that has 2 Sata Ports on the top to enable quick change of sata hard drives, and which required me using 2 additional 4 pin molex cables.

I also have 2 dvd drives (1 is a Sata cable and 1 uses an Ide Cable) and 2 Sata Hard Drives and 1 Floppy disk drive (an Imation 120Mb drive).

The case also has an extra 2 Case Fans which also have to plug into the 4 pin Molex cables.

If I unplug the floppy drive and one of the DVD Drives everything works fine. The problem that arose when I had everything connected was a noisy hard drive spinning at difeerent speeds.

Thanks for your prompt reply to my original question.

John from Australia
90smithstreet@gmail.com
m
l
October 4, 2010 6:01:27 AM

90smithstreet said:
Is there a an adapter that can change the gender

The problem came about when I purchased a new Thermaltake case that has 2 Sata Ports on the top to enable quick change of sata hard drives, and which required me using 2 additional 4 pin molex cables.

I also have 2 dvd drives (1 is a Sata cable and 1 uses an Ide Cable) and 2 Sata Hard Drives and 1 Floppy disk drive (an Imation 120Mb drive).

The case also has an extra 2 Case Fans which also have to plug into the 4 pin Molex cables.

If I unplug the floppy drive and one of the DVD Drives everything works fine. The problem that arose when I had everything connected was a noisy hard drive spinning at difeerent speeds.

Thanks for your prompt reply to my original question.

John from Australia
90smithstreet@gmail.com

If there's a problem powering up your gear then this might suggest that your PSU isn't of good quality or you have exceeded its rated wattage. Also bear in mind that PSU's performance, degrades over time and what might work for a few years doesn't mean it will work for ever...
m
l
!