Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Problems with bios updates

Last response: in Motherboards
May 21, 2011 12:39:56 PM

Updated the bios on an Asus M3A78-EM using EZ FLASH 2 and the rom file from the asus website. Update was successful. Now all I get is a message: " missing bootmgr press ctrl-alt-del to restart. Tried to flash the original bios and get a message saying "board is older than currently installed".

What can I do? :ouch: 

Helpless in VA

More about : problems bios updates

Best solution

May 21, 2011 1:35:48 PM

ComposerParsons said:
Updated the bios on an Asus M3A78-EM using EZ FLASH 2 and the rom file from the asus website. Update was successful. Now all I get is a message: " missing bootmgr press ctrl-alt-del to restart. Tried to flash the original bios and get a message saying "board is older than currently installed".

What can I do? :ouch: 

Helpless in VA

Please repair Windows as the bios is now newer than what Windows could recongnise. It also caused by the chipset drivers that need to be reinstalled since a bios flash
May 21, 2011 1:51:11 PM

Youngster,

Thanks for the response. How do I get to windows, can I boot to my Windows 7 upgrade CD?
m
l
Related resources
May 21, 2011 2:03:12 PM

Snet said:
Please repair Windows as the bios is now newer than what Windows could recongnise. It also caused by the chipset drivers that need to be reinstalled since a bios flash

Thanks for the reply. How do I get to Windows? System came with preloaded OEM Vista and a free upgragrde to windows 7. Can I boot to the Windows 7 Upgrade disk?
m
l
May 21, 2011 3:07:19 PM

Thanks again Snet,

I booted to the windows 7 disk and tried repair, didn't work. Am doing full install and will restore form partition full image backup.

Wish me luck.
:bounce: 
m
l
May 28, 2011 3:48:49 AM

Best answer selected by ComposerParsons.
m
l
!