Sign in with
Your question

ASUS P4PE-X mysterious LAN drivers

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
May 21, 2011 7:47:18 PM

I've got an ASUS P4PE-X and I'm having problems finding LAN's drivers.
By searching on Asus website I'm able to get to the MB page, from which I can download the LAN drivers (Here: )
BUT
Once I've extracted the zip file, I can't find anything similar to a setup in order to install the drivers. All I can see is a bunch of files as you can see below

No exe, no setup, even in the driver folder.

I tried to install manually by going to Hardware manager, and selecting the sys file, but Windows just does not see anything similar to a driver in that folder.

a b V Motherboard
May 21, 2011 8:42:38 PM

Assuming your installing under Windows XP, what you are looking for is in the Drivers/WinXP folder of that archive and there is no setup executable so you will have to manually install them through device manager. I had this same MB a long time ago.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
May 22, 2011 9:32:27 AM

timinator said:
Assuming your installing under Windows XP, what you are looking for is in the Drivers/WinXP folder of that archive and there is no setup executable so you will have to manually install them through device manager. I had this same MB a long time ago.

I've already tried that way: selecting the XP folder manually and letting windows look for the right driver is useless.
It says: "no drivers found" at the end if the wizard.

Related resources
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
May 22, 2011 9:52:45 AM

Solved doing what Timinator suggested
Thanks.
a b V Motherboard
May 24, 2011 8:50:48 PM

Quote:
Solved doing what Timinator suggested
Thanks.