Lcd display problems : westinghouse lcm 22w3

champ0053

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
ok here is my problem from a cold boot i don't get a display. this is what is happening i changed monitors, the old one works. i sold it no longer have it. anyways when i start up the pc my monitor will show green then goes to black screen with a small orange light, it's like it's not responding to the signal. he monitor just freezes and doesn't respond to power button or anything. i have to unplug it a few times and restart the computer to get it to even work, this happens like everytime. I tried booting up many different ways but nothing.. i can here windows starting, but no screen on monitor. if i don't have the monitor hooked up to the pc seems to work normal. it's show green light then orange and tell me there is no signal, but hooked up to the pc it will not show me the no signal which means it has one, but the monitor isn't giving me the picture. the monitor is a westinghouse lcm 22w3. I know it's not the video card. must be the monitor. video card is the galaxy 9600gt oc latest nvidia drivers installed. also i'm using the vga cable because i didn't get a dvi-d with the monitor and it doesn't come with one. and it goes to a vga to dvi to he video card.. i'm thinking of getting the dvi-d connecter the monitor needs for dvi-d to see if that does anything. anyone else have issues like this?? any answers to this. Also i'm using windows 7. but it happens before post so it's not even into windows. could it be something in bios. plus there isn't a onboard video so that can't be a problem.. i also had another video card in the system same thing happening. i['m on the monitor now writing this so i do eventually get it to work playing with power cord, vga cable and rebooting machine, then it eventually works. very weird!!

Ronthors

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
For a long time My LCM-22w3 booted just fine, using a DVI cable which I purchased. But now for the past month I've been having a similar issue. On a cold boot up, the screen is black, and the power up light stays off. Eventualy it turns on at some point after the desktop comes up. Two weeks ago I had to replace and upgrade my video card (old one fried). It still does the same thing. So I can tell you it's not drivers (drivers don't kick in till the OS is up - the BIOS info is basic VGA). It's not the cable. It's not the Video card.
I'm leaning to think it is a Westinghouse monitor (LCM) defect.

Ronthors

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
I just did further research on this, an apparently it is an issue caused by failing capacitors. The symptoms make sense now.. At boot, the caps don't have enough "charge" to initially turn on. Re-booting, and "warming up" helps to charge them.

Here is a link for repairing this issue:

http://www.ccl-la.com/blog/index.php/repairing-the-westinghouse-lcm-22w3/