Suggest me a graphics card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

taffer84

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
Hi.. I'm a big fan of this site. 1st of all lemme thank U n all the Users for ur wonderful work. I'm a hardcore gamer. But i dont use much of resolution bcuz my monitor doesn't support beyond 1280x720 And I'm happy with that. My system spec is

Processor : AMD Phenom II x4
MB : Asus M3NHT Delux Mempipe
Ram : 4 GB
Graphics card : Nvidia 8600 GT
Power Supply : 300 Wt

I usually upgrade my system components every 3 years. I know the the graphics card is out dated. But for me, in my resolution, it works just fine. And I'm not a big fan of Anti Aliasing. So it has never been a problem for me. It worked beautifully for Assassin's Creed 2 in that resolution even with 2x AA and 4x AF. But now I'm beginning to notice my system is lagging when i play some modern games. Especially when i played Splinter Cell Conviction. And i know the system will lag more for my next game which is Napoleon Total War. So I'm thinking about upgrading my Graphics card. And I'm on a budget. I live in India. These components are way too costly here as they are imported from outside (I guess). And i'v narrowed down to Nvidia GT 240 and ATI Radeon HD5670. The later one is not currently available in my town. Which graphics card should i go for? Or do u guys have some other graphics card in your mind. The Nvidia GT240 is priced at Rs.5750 (Indian Rupees) And thats why i said they cost way too much here. So keeping my budget in mind, please suggest me a graphics card. Thank you so much in advance. And good luck to the site and its users. Bye.

ignor zip there.

Anyway I take it you're using a 720p monitor or TV. A HD5670 should be a good since it doesn't use too much power and it's faster than that GT240. I really think you should upgrade that weak power supply, but if it worked with an 8600GT it should be just fine with the 5670. While you could probably get a 9800GT for less, such a card would require a better PSU.

old_baldy

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
old baldy here,

You need more power to the warp drive... 300 watts is really skinny, something around 700 would allow for more power hungry graphics cards. You can only push so much thru a small pipe. I am running the same mobo with gtx 250 1gig video, 24" acer 2ms monitor. As recommended earlier, new monitor, then high power ATI card would have you set for a few years. Are you running in hybrid mode, turn off onboard vid, and see if better rates.

The

taffer84

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
Hey.. thanx evry1.. Sory its been a while since i started this one. And yep i'v upgraded my monitor (22" LED), my psu (700 w) and my graphics card (GTX 570 SC). And i'm kicking asses. n thnx evry1 4 ur replies & thnx tom's..

taffer84

Distinguished
May 31, 2009

Hey.. thnx old baldy,, turning off hybrid mode increases frame rates ???

Status
Not open for further replies.