sticks

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2002

is it possible to assign a key to dodging, ive searched the internet, i
found a few topics on the subject but say no, but im sure there must be a
way of doing it, ive seen so many players being able to instantly dodge
rockets fired at pretty close range, but when i try and dodge im dead just
as i get the second tap in

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

"Sticks" <veda_sticks@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> is it possible to assign a key to dodging, ive searched the internet, i
> found a few topics on the subject but say no, but im sure there must be a
> way of doing it, ive seen so many players being able to instantly dodge
> rockets fired at pretty close range, but when i try and dodge im dead just
> as i get the second tap in

I don't think there is a way to bind it from within the game, but you might be
able to find a macro recording program that will simulate the double tap when
you press another key.

I don't know how well those programs work with full screen games though.

SERVO

Sticks wrote:

> is it possible to assign a key to dodging, ive searched the internet, i
> found a few topics on the subject but say no, but im sure there must be a
> way of doing it, ive seen so many players being able to instantly dodge
> rockets fired at pretty close range, but when i try and dodge im dead just
> as i get the second tap in

My understanding is that most servers will recognize dodge binds as a
cheat. Although I'm convinced that some guys know how to do it because
they seem to be able to outrun me even when I'm using my tele. There are
other cheats and tweaks that slip past the server without being detected
as cheat but good luck finding them....they are very closey guarded
secrets. I've had guys hit me with instantaneous shock combos from
300-400 feet away...tell me that's not a hack. They say all it takes is
practice which is BS. All the practice in the world doesn't change the
fact that shock balls travel relatively slowy and you have to wait for
them to reach thier target before you can shoot them and blow them up.

--
Servo
"Kids love Robocop!"

Nope, you just have to learn how to double tap, and also anticipate when
the rockets are coming.

Sticks wrote:
> is it possible to assign a key to dodging

Yes, if you have the right kit (see below). In my experience it doesn't help
at all though. I never got used to the joypad and abandoned it about a week
after I bought it.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V24B21406

--
[Fitz]Chum{AGUT}

www.clanfitz.com

---

TS

"Servo" <tservo100@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> My understanding is that most servers will recognize dodge binds as a
> cheat. Although I'm convinced that some guys know how to do it because
> they seem to be able to outrun me even when I'm using my tele. There are
> other cheats and tweaks that slip past the server without being detected
> as cheat but good luck finding them....they are very closey guarded
> secrets. I've had guys hit me with instantaneous shock combos from
> 300-400 feet away...tell me that's not a hack. They say all it takes is
> practice which is BS.

you are a NOOB - please stop posting BS like that so other noobs like you
get weird ideas and polute the game with lame retarded comments like
yours...there are no such tweaks or cheats like u describe and...how hard is
it to doubletap?

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:45:09 +0200, TS wrote:

> you are a NOOB - please stop posting BS like that so other noobs like you
> get weird ideas and polute the game with lame retarded comments like
> yours...there are no such tweaks or cheats like u describe and...how hard is
> it to doubletap?

Doubletap? It's easy.

..

Damn, I thought I had that doubletap figured. Time to stick to
copy/pasting '.'s, I think.

--
"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1

SERVO

TS wrote:
> "Servo" <tservo100@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>
>>My understanding is that most servers will recognize dodge binds as a
>>cheat. Although I'm convinced that some guys know how to do it because
>>they seem to be able to outrun me even when I'm using my tele. There are
>>other cheats and tweaks that slip past the server without being detected
>>as cheat but good luck finding them....they are very closey guarded
>>secrets. I've had guys hit me with instantaneous shock combos from
>>300-400 feet away...tell me that's not a hack. They say all it takes is
>>practice which is BS.
>

> you are a NOOB - please stop posting BS like that so other noobs like you
> get weird ideas and polute the game with lame retarded comments like
> yours...there are no such tweaks or cheats like u describe and...how hard is
> it to doubletap?

......whatever you say

--

"TS" <sp@m.dk> Blessed us with news:cdjso3$71r$1@news.cybercity.dk:

> you are a NOOB - please stop posting BS like that so other noobs
> like you get weird ideas and polute the game with lame retarded
> comments like yours...there are no such tweaks or cheats like u
> describe and...how hard is it to doubletap?

There's not?????? I beg to differ with you because if there were
no cheats or tweaks like this then there would also be no such thing
as UTPure or any other anti-cheat programs to catch cheaters!. So
what I think here is that *YOU* are a lame assed cheater that doesn't
want anyone else to find out your secret cheats and tweaks!!!!1!1!
Oh! no! that would be bad because then you would have to start
looking for other lame assed cheats yourself!. I suppose your not
a NOOB since you called Sticks one so that also confirms the
possibility that *YOU* are a likely cheater yourself!.

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

Mr.K

For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
or UT2004.
http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

"TS" <sp@m.dk> wrote in message news:cdjso3$71r$1@news.cybercity.dk...
> "Servo" <tservo100@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> > My understanding is that most servers will recognize dodge binds as a
> > cheat. Although I'm convinced that some guys know how to do it because
> > they seem to be able to outrun me even when I'm using my tele. There are
> > other cheats and tweaks that slip past the server without being detected
> > as cheat but good luck finding them....they are very closey guarded
> > secrets. I've had guys hit me with instantaneous shock combos from
> > 300-400 feet away...tell me that's not a hack. They say all it takes is
> > practice which is BS.
>
> you are a NOOB - please stop posting BS like that so other noobs like you
> get weird ideas and polute the game with lame retarded comments like
> yours...there are no such tweaks or cheats like u describe and...how hard
is
> it to doubletap?

There is a way to do this BUT you need a Controller that is macro
programmable.

"Sticks" <veda_sticks@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in

> is it possible to assign a key to dodging, ive searched the internet,
> i found a few topics on the subject but say no, but im sure there must
> be a way of doing it, ive seen so many players being able to instantly
> dodge rockets fired at pretty close range, but when i try and dodge im
> dead just as i get the second tap in

I find it easy to dodge. Some just can't do it and have to live with it!

--
Hainesy
http://haines.vze.com/

"Sticks" <veda_sticks@blueyonder.co.uk> Blessed us with

> i thought that there wasnt a way of doing it in ut without the
> use of a script or macro.

That's just it! You can't do it without the use of a script,
macro, macro controller, or bot!, but it seems there are some
cheaters out there that don't want you or anyone else to know
about it so they can keep on being lame assed cheaters that
probably couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag without
their cheats! So, all in all, when you are running down a
corridor using your X-locator to go as fast as you can, and
someone that's chasing you easily catches up with you, you can
take it to the bank that they are either cheating or you are
experiencing some real bad packet loss!. Packet loss?...NOT! Not
when your ping is under 200! Cheating is lame, lame is cheating,
I don't cheat, but I know cheats exist. If I get on a server where
I even suspect someone is cheating, I just move on to the next
server, and that server doesn't go in my favorites! I've seen
stuff myself like one single primary fire from the shock rifle
and I'm dead even though I had 150 armor and 199 health! Don't
remember the server because it didn't go in my favorites.

"JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote in message
> I've seen
> stuff myself like one single primary fire from the shock rifle
> and I'm dead even though I had 150 armor and 199 health! Don't
> remember the server because it didn't go in my favorites.

Could it possibly have been a super shock riffle? They have instant kills.

sticks

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2002

thats what im talking about!!! ive seen players dodge, dodge, dodge with
very little delay when landing. ive noticed that when i play there is about
a half second deley before you can dodge again

graeme

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:31:24 -0400, Grant wrote:
> "JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote in message
>> I've seen
>> stuff myself like one single primary fire from the shock rifle
>> and I'm dead even though I had 150 armor and 199 health! Don't
>> remember the server because it didn't go in my favorites.
>
> Could it possibly have been a super shock riffle? They have instant kills.

Some rifle headshots are instant kills too.

Graeme <www.rillion.net@no.spam.wanted> Blessed us with

> Some rifle headshots are instant kills too.

Good point! This could very well have happened that someone
shot me with the sniper rifle at exactly the same moment that
someone else shot me with the regular(not the enhanced version)
shock rifle.