dodge

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

is it possible to assign a key to dodging, ive searched the internet, i
found a few topics on the subject but say no, but im sure there must be a
way of doing it, ive seen so many players being able to instantly dodge
rockets fired at pretty close range, but when i try and dodge im dead just
as i get the second tap in
16
answers
Last reply
More about dodge
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "Sticks" <veda_sticks@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:FT8Lc.3344$y04.2531@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > is it possible to assign a key to dodging, ive searched the internet, i
    > found a few topics on the subject but say no, but im sure there must be a
    > way of doing it, ive seen so many players being able to instantly dodge
    > rockets fired at pretty close range, but when i try and dodge im dead just
    > as i get the second tap in
    >
    >

    I don't think there is a way to bind it from within the game, but you might be
    able to find a macro recording program that will simulate the double tap when
    you press another key.

    I don't know how well those programs work with full screen games though.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Sticks wrote:

    > is it possible to assign a key to dodging, ive searched the internet, i
    > found a few topics on the subject but say no, but im sure there must be a
    > way of doing it, ive seen so many players being able to instantly dodge
    > rockets fired at pretty close range, but when i try and dodge im dead just
    > as i get the second tap in
    >
    >
    My understanding is that most servers will recognize dodge binds as a
    cheat. Although I'm convinced that some guys know how to do it because
    they seem to be able to outrun me even when I'm using my tele. There are
    other cheats and tweaks that slip past the server without being detected
    as cheat but good luck finding them....they are very closey guarded
    secrets. I've had guys hit me with instantaneous shock combos from
    300-400 feet away...tell me that's not a hack. They say all it takes is
    practice which is BS. All the practice in the world doesn't change the
    fact that shock balls travel relatively slowy and you have to wait for
    them to reach thier target before you can shoot them and blow them up.

    --
    Servo
    "Kids love Robocop!"
    tservo100 at
    ameritech dot net
    Slow, fiery death to all spammers!!!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Nope, you just have to learn how to double tap, and also anticipate when
    the rockets are coming.

    "Sticks" <veda_sticks@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:FT8Lc.3344$y04.2531@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > is it possible to assign a key to dodging, ive searched the internet, i
    > found a few topics on the subject but say no, but im sure there must be
    a
    > way of doing it, ive seen so many players being able to instantly dodge
    > rockets fired at pretty close range, but when i try and dodge im dead
    just
    > as i get the second tap in
    >
    >
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Sticks wrote:
    > is it possible to assign a key to dodging

    Yes, if you have the right kit (see below). In my experience it doesn't help
    at all though. I never got used to the joypad and abandoned it about a week
    after I bought it.

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?V24B21406

    --
    [Fitz]Chum{AGUT}

    www.clanfitz.com


    ---
    Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
    Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
    Version: 6.0.722 / Virus Database: 478 - Release Date: 18/07/2004
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "Servo" <tservo100@ameritech.net> wrote in message
    news:qb9Lc.39383$eH1.18762017@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com...
    > My understanding is that most servers will recognize dodge binds as a
    > cheat. Although I'm convinced that some guys know how to do it because
    > they seem to be able to outrun me even when I'm using my tele. There are
    > other cheats and tweaks that slip past the server without being detected
    > as cheat but good luck finding them....they are very closey guarded
    > secrets. I've had guys hit me with instantaneous shock combos from
    > 300-400 feet away...tell me that's not a hack. They say all it takes is
    > practice which is BS.

    you are a NOOB - please stop posting BS like that so other noobs like you
    get weird ideas and polute the game with lame retarded comments like
    yours...there are no such tweaks or cheats like u describe and...how hard is
    it to doubletap?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:45:09 +0200, TS wrote:

    > you are a NOOB - please stop posting BS like that so other noobs like you
    > get weird ideas and polute the game with lame retarded comments like
    > yours...there are no such tweaks or cheats like u describe and...how hard is
    > it to doubletap?

    Doubletap? It's easy.

    ..

    Damn, I thought I had that doubletap figured. Time to stick to
    copy/pasting '.'s, I think.

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    TS wrote:
    > "Servo" <tservo100@ameritech.net> wrote in message
    > news:qb9Lc.39383$eH1.18762017@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com...
    >
    >>My understanding is that most servers will recognize dodge binds as a
    >>cheat. Although I'm convinced that some guys know how to do it because
    >>they seem to be able to outrun me even when I'm using my tele. There are
    >>other cheats and tweaks that slip past the server without being detected
    >>as cheat but good luck finding them....they are very closey guarded
    >>secrets. I've had guys hit me with instantaneous shock combos from
    >>300-400 feet away...tell me that's not a hack. They say all it takes is
    >>practice which is BS.
    >
    >
    > you are a NOOB - please stop posting BS like that so other noobs like you
    > get weird ideas and polute the game with lame retarded comments like
    > yours...there are no such tweaks or cheats like u describe and...how hard is
    > it to doubletap?
    >
    >
    ......whatever you say

    --
    Servo
    "Kids love Robocop!"
    tservo100 at
    ameritech dot net
    Slow, fiery death to all spammers!!!
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "TS" <sp@m.dk> Blessed us with news:cdjso3$71r$1@news.cybercity.dk:

    > you are a NOOB - please stop posting BS like that so other noobs
    > like you get weird ideas and polute the game with lame retarded
    > comments like yours...there are no such tweaks or cheats like u
    > describe and...how hard is it to doubletap?

    There's not?????? I beg to differ with you because if there were
    no cheats or tweaks like this then there would also be no such thing
    as UTPure or any other anti-cheat programs to catch cheaters!. So
    what I think here is that *YOU* are a lame assed cheater that doesn't
    want anyone else to find out your secret cheats and tweaks!!!!1!1!
    Oh! no! that would be bad because then you would have to start
    looking for other lame assed cheats yourself!. I suppose your not
    a NOOB since you called Sticks one so that also confirms the
    possibility that *YOU* are a likely cheater yourself!.

    --
    J

    "Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

    Mr.K

    For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
    or UT2004.
    http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "TS" <sp@m.dk> wrote in message news:cdjso3$71r$1@news.cybercity.dk...
    > "Servo" <tservo100@ameritech.net> wrote in message
    > news:qb9Lc.39383$eH1.18762017@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com...
    > > My understanding is that most servers will recognize dodge binds as a
    > > cheat. Although I'm convinced that some guys know how to do it because
    > > they seem to be able to outrun me even when I'm using my tele. There are
    > > other cheats and tweaks that slip past the server without being detected
    > > as cheat but good luck finding them....they are very closey guarded
    > > secrets. I've had guys hit me with instantaneous shock combos from
    > > 300-400 feet away...tell me that's not a hack. They say all it takes is
    > > practice which is BS.
    >
    > you are a NOOB - please stop posting BS like that so other noobs like you
    > get weird ideas and polute the game with lame retarded comments like
    > yours...there are no such tweaks or cheats like u describe and...how hard
    is
    > it to doubletap?
    >
    >

    There is a way to do this BUT you need a Controller that is macro
    programmable.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Your clan Fitz link is dead.

    Vis
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "Sticks" <veda_sticks@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    news:FT8Lc.3344$y04.2531@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

    > is it possible to assign a key to dodging, ive searched the internet,
    > i found a few topics on the subject but say no, but im sure there must
    > be a way of doing it, ive seen so many players being able to instantly
    > dodge rockets fired at pretty close range, but when i try and dodge im
    > dead just as i get the second tap in

    I find it easy to dodge. Some just can't do it and have to live with it!

    --
    Hainesy
    http://haines.vze.com/
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "Sticks" <veda_sticks@blueyonder.co.uk> Blessed us with
    news:qwsLc.88624$q8.75105@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

    > i thought that there wasnt a way of doing it in ut without the
    > use of a script or macro.

    That's just it! You can't do it without the use of a script,
    macro, macro controller, or bot!, but it seems there are some
    cheaters out there that don't want you or anyone else to know
    about it so they can keep on being lame assed cheaters that
    probably couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag without
    their cheats! So, all in all, when you are running down a
    corridor using your X-locator to go as fast as you can, and
    someone that's chasing you easily catches up with you, you can
    take it to the bank that they are either cheating or you are
    experiencing some real bad packet loss!. Packet loss?...NOT! Not
    when your ping is under 200! Cheating is lame, lame is cheating,
    I don't cheat, but I know cheats exist. If I get on a server where
    I even suspect someone is cheating, I just move on to the next
    server, and that server doesn't go in my favorites! I've seen
    stuff myself like one single primary fire from the shock rifle
    and I'm dead even though I had 150 armor and 199 health! Don't
    remember the server because it didn't go in my favorites.

    --
    J

    "Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

    Mr.K

    For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
    or UT2004.
    http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote in message
    news:Xns952D51DB830DEuppariscopeDiveDive.@64.62.191.84...
    > I've seen
    > stuff myself like one single primary fire from the shock rifle
    > and I'm dead even though I had 150 armor and 199 health! Don't
    > remember the server because it didn't go in my favorites.

    Could it possibly have been a super shock riffle? They have instant kills.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    thats what im talking about!!! ive seen players dodge, dodge, dodge with
    very little delay when landing. ive noticed that when i play there is about
    a half second deley before you can dodge again
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:31:24 -0400, Grant wrote:
    > "JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote in message
    > news:Xns952D51DB830DEuppariscopeDiveDive.@64.62.191.84...
    >> I've seen
    >> stuff myself like one single primary fire from the shock rifle
    >> and I'm dead even though I had 150 armor and 199 health! Don't
    >> remember the server because it didn't go in my favorites.
    >
    > Could it possibly have been a super shock riffle? They have instant kills.

    Some rifle headshots are instant kills too.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Graeme <www.rillion.net@no.spam.wanted> Blessed us with
    news:pan.2004.07.22.04.13.40.807200@no.spam.wanted:

    > Some rifle headshots are instant kills too.

    Good point! This could very well have happened that someone
    shot me with the sniper rifle at exactly the same moment that
    someone else shot me with the regular(not the enhanced version)
    shock rifle.

    --
    J

    "Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

    Mr.K

    For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
    or UT2004.
    http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Internet Video Games