Everytime I insert my thumb drive

Everytime I insert my thumb drive I get this pop up that asks me what I want
to do. How do I turn that off??
2 answers Last reply
More about everytime insert thumb drive

    In news:I%6be.13882$go4.2123@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net,
    John Holderman <john.holderman@earthlink.net> had this to say:

    > Everytime I insert my thumb drive I get this pop up that asks me what
    > I want to do. How do I turn that off??

    Disable AutoPlay with TweakUI.

    Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP:

    Galen

    mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

    With the thumb drive inserted, go to My Computer. Right click on the thumb
    drive and select properties. Under the Autoplay tab, you can select the
    option of what type of action you want to happen for different types of
    files. You probably want Mixed content, since thumb drives usually have
    different types of files. Then you can select what you want to happen when
    it's inserted, like "No Action".

    Jeff S

    "Galen" wrote:

    > In news:I%6be.13882$go4.2123@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net,
    > John Holderman <john.holderman@earthlink.net> had this to say:

    > > Everytime I insert my thumb drive I get this pop up that asks me what
    > > I want to do. How do I turn that off??
    >
    > Disable AutoPlay with TweakUI.
    >
    > Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP:
    >
    > Galen
    > --
    >
    > "My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me
    > the most abstruse cryptogram or the most intricate analysis, and I am
    > in my own proper atmosphere. I can dispense then with artificial
    > stimulants. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for
    > mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

Configuration Microsoft USB Drive Windows XP