Advice re: new PSU, Please...

Hi,

I'm having problems with my PC rebooting randomly and pretty sure it's since I installed my current PSU.

I'm wondering if anyone can reccommend a better PSU for my system?


My specs:

PSU: CIT 550w
http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=256543


Motherboard Properties:
Manufacturer: NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL
Product : MS-7168
Version : 1.0

CPU Type: DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2233 MHz (11 x 203) 4200+
System Memory: 3056 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4670 (512 MB)
Audio Adapter: Creative EMU10K2 Audigy / Audigy 2 Audio Processor
Disk Drive: ST3200826A (186 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N

Thanks
12 answers Last reply
More about advice please
  1. luckily your PC is not demanding in terms of power. this corsair 400w is plenty of power for you

    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/150985
  2. corsair 450vx.. if ur in the usa 550vx its cheaper at the moment at newegg

    also u can get ocz fatal1ty 550w
  3. Corsair and Seasonic are two brands that have a reputation for high quality power supplies that consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty. Some of the newer models come with a 7 year warranty (in the USA).
  4. Wow! That was very fast! Thanks. I'm in UK BTW.
    Sorry, the link doesn't work as I intended :(
  5. Juanchioo said:
    corsair 450vx.. if ur in the usa 550vx its cheaper at the moment at newegg

    also u can get ocz fatal1ty 550w


    ....i did not know newegg opened a UK web site, its not like he linked to a UK site....oh wait :pfff:
  6. and where did i said it is opened to uk??? so shut up... maby he can get thing from usa also
  7. newegg.com only ships in the USA

    the cost of shipping a flat rate box of equivalent size to the corsair 450w starts at $58...so that would double its cost
  8. It's all good. Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated. Doesn't matter about Newegg, though I wish we did have them here, as they're deals are so great.

    The best deal I can find here in UK for the Corsair 450vx is $85.30 (£53.92) LOL
  9. subsonika said:
    It's all good. Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated. Doesn't matter about Newegg, though I wish we did have them here, as they're deals are so great.

    The best deal I can find here in UK for the Corsair 450vx is $85.30 (£53.92) LOL



    Thats why USA is #1 :) *In computer prices*

    Mmmh :hello:
  10. Randomacts said:
    Thats why USA is #1 :) *In computer prices*

    Mmmh :hello:

    Part of the American dream... cheap computer hardware :love:
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components