I have been having problems lately with my PC. It takes too much time to start, and sometimes it freezes. After checking the event log, I found out several entries with the error:
"The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period."
I have a Digital Storm Gaming PC running with Windows 7 64bit with the following Hard Disks:
- INTEL SSDSC2MH250A2 Disk, wich is for the Windows 7 64 Bit OS
- WDC WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0 Disk, internal disk for data
- Seagate USB 3.0 (GoFlex Drive) 1.5TB, external disk
- Seagate Backup+ Desk USB 3TB, external disk
- SAMSUNG HM160HI USB 150GB, external disk
- Seagate Backup+ Desk Mac USB 2TB, external disk
- WD 20EADS USB 2TB, external disk
- WD My Book USB 1TB, external disk
Yes, I know, quite a few disks. I am not using any RAID array. All the externals are USB, some of them 3.0, some of them 2.0.