Your question

Problem with installing 5770

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Computer
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 21, 2010 8:31:07 PM

So my Sapphire 5770 finally came today. I turned my computer off, installed it into the PCI-E slot, plugged in the 6 pin adapter, plugged my monitor into it and turned it on. Yay it started working! That is till Bios load screen came up. Then it froze. So I thought ok, lets reboot. So I turned the computer off, waited, turned it back on and nothing. Just a black screen, yet I can see the HDD going to town loading stuff. Now If I switch back to my Onboard graphics card it works, no problem. But the new 5770 isnt working at all and I'm at a loss at what to do. I've disabled the onboard graphics card and tried it that way, nothing. I reset cmos, nothing. I truly am at a loss and think I might have to take this to a computer repair.

More about : problem installing 5770

a c 197 U Graphics card
June 21, 2010 8:37:58 PM

Which card was installed previously?
What system are you using?
What is the the power supply? Please check the rating label and report back with: Total power and Amperage on the 12 Volt rail or rails.
m
l
June 21, 2010 8:42:50 PM

coozie7 said:
Which card was installed previously?
What system are you using?
What is the the power supply? Please check the rating label and report back with: Total power and Amperage on the 12 Volt rail or rails.

I'm using an AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2ghz processor on a M4A78T-E MB. The previous card was my onboard Radeon 3300 HD hence the disable of it and such. My power supply is enermax noisetaker 600 watt.
m
l
June 22, 2010 1:38:42 AM

Was that enough information or did you need something else? I never thought installing a video card would be such a problem and hassle.
m
l
!