Problem with installing 5770

So my Sapphire 5770 finally came today. I turned my computer off, installed it into the PCI-E slot, plugged in the 6 pin adapter, plugged my monitor into it and turned it on. Yay it started working! That is till Bios load screen came up. Then it froze. So I thought ok, lets reboot. So I turned the computer off, waited, turned it back on and nothing. Just a black screen, yet I can see the HDD going to town loading stuff. Now If I switch back to my Onboard graphics card it works, no problem. But the new 5770 isnt working at all and I'm at a loss at what to do. I've disabled the onboard graphics card and tried it that way, nothing. I reset cmos, nothing. I truly am at a loss and think I might have to take this to a computer repair.
3 answers Last reply
More about problem installing 5770
  1. Which card was installed previously?
    What system are you using?
    What is the the power supply? Please check the rating label and report back with: Total power and Amperage on the 12 Volt rail or rails.
  2. coozie7 said:
    Which card was installed previously?
    What system are you using?
    What is the the power supply? Please check the rating label and report back with: Total power and Amperage on the 12 Volt rail or rails.

I'm using an AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2ghz processor on a M4A78T-E MB. The previous card was my onboard Radeon 3300 HD hence the disable of it and such. My power supply is enermax noisetaker 600 watt.
  3. Was that enough information or did you need something else? I never thought installing a video card would be such a problem and hassle.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Graphics