I am not sure what to get to go with my graphics card

lloyd666

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
At the moment with the powersupply i am having it seems to overheat very quickly when on games when the case is fully shut but when the case has the side off it is fine and keeps cool, im wondering weather it would be a better idea to get a new powersupply that would be better for my graphics card and processor as im upgrading to a quad core processor soon so would it be smarter to go for a new powersupply, the powersupply is a EZcool 650 watt but i was told by Scan.co.uk the psu is not made for powerful graphics cards but i didnt think the 9800gtx+ 512mb was that powerful, or should i get a better air vented case? please help guys

Lloyd

popatim

Titan
since its fine with the side panel removed it sounds like you need to add airflow to that case or get a new case. You should have a bottom mounted front fan sucking cool air into the case at minimum. Another fan mounted uptop blowing air out the top or out the rear (top would be best imo) would be my next addition.
Perhaps you have these fans and they have died without you noticing?

lloyd666

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010

lloyd666

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
tempsofthepcwithcpuidha.jpg

This is while im running l4d 2 as u can see now i dont really know what im looking out for as to waht would be a better choice to either upgrade the psu or the case. what do you guys think?