what system requirements to play ut2004 at top settings?

Hi, what system requirements will I need to play with all top display and
audio settings, without any significant performance loss? Cheers.
8
answers
Last reply
More about what system requirements play ut2004 settings

    Hal enlightened us with:
    > Hi, what system requirements will I need to play with all top
    > display and audio settings, without any significant performance
    > loss? Cheers.

    That depends on your hardware... if your monitor can only do 800x600,
    you'll need less specs than a monitor that can do 3600x2400...

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

    "MeltDown" <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote in message
    > Hal enlightened us with:
    > > Hi, what system requirements will I need to play with all top
    > > display and audio settings, without any significant performance
    > > loss? Cheers.
    >
    > That depends on your hardware... if your monitor can only do 800x600,
    > you'll need less specs than a monitor that can do 3600x2400...
    >
    > MeltDown
    > --
    > !For all your UT99/2k3/2k4 questions visit UnrealTower's FAQ section:
    > ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    > !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

    hi, i'd be running at 1280x1024

    "Hal" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > > Hal enlightened us with:
    > > > Hi, what system requirements will I need to play with all top
    > > > display and audio settings, without any significant performance
    > > > loss? .
    >
    > hi, i'd be running at 1280x1024

    maybe an amd fx53 or intel p4-3.4EE, 1gb of ram, and an x800PE or 6800 ultra

    --

    Margolis
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

    "Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> Blessed us with

    > an x800PE or 6800 ultra

    Whoa! Those are $350 cards though aren't they? At least
    I think the new x800PE is. Depends on the OP's budget, if
    he is thinking about spending some dough on his system, these
    cards would do the resolution he has stated he wants to use.

    "Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

    Mr.K

    For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
    or UT2004.
    http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote in message
    > "Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> Blessed us with
    >

    > Whoa! Those are $350 cards though aren't they? At least
    > I think the new x800PE is.

    actually no, they are $500 cards, but since they are rare still, they are
    going for $600+ ;op

    But even with the fx53 you are still gonna see 'some' slowdowns with this
    game it seems. Nothing drastic though.

    --

    Margolis
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm
    http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Well, "Ha'sl" <nospam@hotmail.com> original quesiton was:

    >Hi, what system requirements will I need to play with all top display and
    >audio settings, without any significant performance loss? Cheers.

    Sounds to me like he's saying he wants the fastest processor and the
    most powerful video card on the market.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Hal wrote:
    > Hi, what system requirements will I need to play with all top display and
    > audio settings, without any significant performance loss? Cheers.

    Actually, my monitor only supports 1280x1024 as well. I have an Athlon
    XP 3200+ with half a gig of DDR400 RAM, a Radeon 9600 Pro, 250G SATA WD
    HDD, and a Fortissimo III 7.1 sound card from Guillemont. I can max
    everything out and it runs great. Before the Radeon I had a GeForce FX
    5200 Ultra and 256M or PC2100 DDR RAM and it still ran great with
    everything up, even though it was only 1280x1024.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Well I have Athlon 1.8ghz, 1gb ram and a GeForce 6800 GT and I can run at
    full whack...pretty much any config with a GF6800 and your rolling, the
    ut2004 engine isn't the most resource hungry one you'll find.

    > Hi, what system requirements will I need to play with all top display and
    > audio settings, without any significant performance loss? Cheers.

Performance Games Video Games