Laptops with numeric keypads

Does anyone know what laptops are available with a built in numeric
keypad? I see that HP makes one but are there others out there?

Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about laptops numeric keypads

    If you're interested in used laptops, the IBM thinkpad A series had an
    option for one of their removable device bays which was a "popout" cradle
    which could hold either a PDA or a numeric keypad that they sold as an
    option. You can still buy the cradle and keypad from their parts
    department, but they're no longer offered as options for newer models, so I
    don't know if they would work on a new thinkpad with an ultrabay or not.
    They were much more expensive than a separate USB keypad, but then they were
    supported rigidly by the thinkpad itself, which would make laptop use a lot
    easier.

    mooguy@yahoo.com (Brett) wrote in news:8f950031.0411191702.6b6bb951
    @posting.google.com:

    > Does anyone know what laptops are available with a built in numeric
    > keypad? I see that HP makes one but are there others out there?

    you can also find a plethora of numeric keypads that will plug into your
    USB or PS2 slot on yr laptop.
  3. Just a bump to the thread, this is an extremely important issue for me. Right now the only one I can find is HP (plus some desktop replacements from Alienware - but I don't need a P4 laptop).

    The one from HP is 17" and I don't feel like lugging it around; is there anything smaller, preferably centrino (pentium m or core duo), preferably in the business vein of things?
  4. Try looking into Toshibas. I have a friend who has a 17 inch screen that has numeric keypad to it. However, as far as I've seen most screens under 17 do NOT have numeric keypad. It'll make all the keys simply too small for comfortable usage.
    If you really want, buy an 15 inch laptop and get an USB numeric keypad. That'll be a good option as well.
  5. Thought about that, of course. It does make an attractive option when there is a desk top to get comfortable at. Most of the situations I would find myself using it, though, I wouldn't have that luxury...
  6. I found a few on walmart.com that have numeric keypads and are only 15". There was a few HPs and an ACER. Any 17" laptop will most likely have a numeric keypad.
  7. Thread is over 3 years old. let it die.

Laptops Hewlett Packard