Looking to Purchase 4 Budget Workstations

malpraktis

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
Hi All,

I'm a huge fan of the forums here, thanks in advance for any advice! I was hoping to see if going the Dell route was the right one, or if there was some other site out there where one can obtain a better value.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Today or Tomorrow

BUDGET RANGE: 600-800 ea.

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Mostly Microsoft Office / Low Resource Usage Software

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PC: Any

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA

WHY PREBUILT VERSUS CUSTOM BUILT: Mostly since I'm purchasing four of them for small business use, I'd like the reduced hassle of not having to build them. Additionally, any sort of warranty or service would be an advantage should something go wrong. Using these to replace the last four Windows 2000 machines in the building, so just about anything would seem like an upgrade for the end users. :D

I HAVE CONSIDERED THE FOLLOWING: No monitor/mouse/keyboard/software needed, but dual monitor capability is a must. (Best invention ever in the workplace, besides the coffee machine...)

WOULD YOU CONSIDER A CUSTOM BUILT INSTEAD: I'd rather not build four workstations at this time, but a website that pre-builds custom pcs is a possibility.

PREBUILT SYSTEM LINK:

This is what I was considering:

Dell Precision T3500 Tower Workstation Desktop Computer
http://www.dell.com/us/en/business/desktops/workstation-precision-t3500/pd.aspx?refid=workstation-precision-t3500&s=bsd&cs=04

Thanks!