Sign in with
Your question

Please take a look at my build

Last response: in Systems
July 29, 2010 5:16:07 PM

Hey everyone,

I already purchased everything and they're en route to my house. I guess it's kind of late to be asking you all, but could you take a quick scan at my build and tell me if anything is horribly wrong? I kind of ordered in a hurry because of all the newegg discounts. Here's my spreadsheet that I used to keep track of everything. I don't plan to add in another graphics card.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhPPlAuzvAQZdG...

I'm wondering if that motherboard is good enough (I got it combo with the CPU for 9.99, so I'm a bit suspicious)?
Is there anything that will significantly bottleneck me?
Should I overclock the AMD?
I haven't bought a heatsink/fan, but I'm looking at the coolermaster hyper 212 plus, although it's out of stock everywhere. I asked coolermaster they said another shipment should be sent out next week so check around Wednesday. Any other heatsink/fan suggestions?

Thanks for all your help!

EDIT- forgot to attach build lol

More about : build

July 29, 2010 5:30:54 PM

Looks good, but consider the 955 maybe, saves you $20, while not being much different as both have unlocked multis.

Do OC that Phenom though, up the Multi to 18X and get 3.6Ghz for starts.
July 29, 2010 5:43:38 PM

looks good but as Timop said x4 955 would've saved some money also you could've gotten the 5870 for $379 on newegg. and could've combo'ed some stuff together to get a cff ready mobo
Related resources
July 29, 2010 5:49:13 PM

mrhoshos96 said:
looks good but as Timop said x4 955 would've saved some money also you could've gotten the 5870 for $379 on newegg. and could've combo'ed some stuff together to get a cff ready mobo

Hes getting the Mobo for free though, so its good deal.
July 29, 2010 5:51:07 PM

Timop said:
Hes getting the Mobo for free though, so its good deal.

didn't see that.
!