help! no internet page scroll bar on new laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
November 20, 2004 12:37:19 AM

I am hoping to have a question answered.
I helped a friend with a new laptop make their first connection to the
internet and was surprised to see that no page had a page scroll bar on the
right side.
Could someone help with a possible fix for this occurrence?
Thanks.
Bob
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 20, 2004 12:37:20 AM

November 20, 2004 10:45:32 AM

Hi-

She is using Explorer.

C.Joseph Drayton <kalek1@mindspring.com> wrote in message
a b D Laptop
November 20, 2004 4:17:12 PM

November 20, 2004 7:13:42 PM

Thanks. I will pass it on. I think she said she may take it back to the
store where she bought it and ask if they can help to correct it.

Thanks, again.
Bob

C.Joseph Drayton <kalek1@mindspring.com> wrote in message
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 21, 2004 12:55:23 AM

Bob wrote:
> Hi-
>
> She is using Explorer.
>

> C.Joseph Drayton <kalek1@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Is she certain that the IE window has not moved off the right side of
the screen? Does the scroll bar appear if the window is minimized?

November 21, 2004 1:37:38 PM

No, it doesn't show when the page is reduced and the arrow keys would not
move the page.

Quaoar <quaoar@tenthplanet.net> wrote in message
> Bob wrote:
> > Hi-
> >
> > She is using Explorer.
> >

> > C.Joseph Drayton <kalek1@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>
> Is she certain that the IE window has not moved off the right side of
> the screen? Does the scroll bar appear if the window is minimized?

a b D Laptop
November 21, 2004 1:37:39 PM

Bob wrote:
> No, it doesn't show when the page is reduced and the arrow keys would
> not move the page.
>
> Quaoar <quaoar@tenthplanet.net> wrote in message
>> Bob wrote:
>>> Hi-
>>>
>>> She is using Explorer.
>>>

>>> C.Joseph Drayton <kalek1@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Is she certain that the IE window has not moved off the right side of
>> the screen? Does the scroll bar appear if the window is minimized?

Spacebar scrolls down one page, alt-spacebar scrolls up. Does this
still work?