Black screen

I reinstalled XP on my mother's computer and when she turns it on everything
looks good and after the Windows XP loading screen she gets a black window
(blank), I made her boot in safe mode and change the screen resolution but
its always the same problem, according to her the screen refresh rate is
grayed out so I'm running out of options, any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about black screen

    Did you reinstall the video driver?

    Modem Ani

    "Keyser" <Keyser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I reinstalled XP on my mother's computer and when she turns it on
    >everything
    > looks good and after the Windows XP loading screen she gets a black window
    > (blank), I made her boot in safe mode and change the screen resolution but
    > its always the same problem, according to her the screen refresh rate is
    > grayed out so I'm running out of options, any ideas?

Configuration Windows XP