3d Mark Vantage test results

D3LTA09

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
Tbh I have yet to ever be happy with 3dmark runs on every rig I have built no matter how much it cost me. Thought id destroy it when I spent 1400 (NZD) on 2 5870s at the start of the year but no got a fairly av score from memory, actually might have been not too disimilar to yours.
Can you disable physx on vantage? If that was on on a non nvidia card could be hurting your scores?
Sorry cant really offer any decent advice as If I knew a good answer I would have done it myself. There are some people on here with some quite good scores so maybe they can offer some good suggestions.

kvbrock82

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
Thanks for the reply. To be honest im a total newbie when it comes to scores and clocking to raise them.. Ill be happy just knowing that the system's scores are at least realistic and there is nothing slowing it down due to some technical fault. The CPU seems to look a little low to me too.

kvbrock82

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
Specs are with the results... here they are:

OS Windows 7 64 bit
CPU Intel Core i7-920 Processor
CPU Speed 2673 MHz
MSI ATI R5970-PM2D2G PCIEXPRESS VIDEO CARD 2GB
RAM DDR3 P1600 2GB X3 KIT PATRIOT VIPERLINE GAMER
ASUS MAINBOARD P6T SE
COOLING SYSTEM - COOLIT DOMINO
700W PSU PRO GAMING SILENTPRO FAN ACTIVE PFC - COOLERMASTER
SATA HDD 1TB 7200RPM

*Facepalm!* I'm no good in the mornings....

That score looks about right considering your 920 is at stock speed, just remember that the P present runs at a really low resolution so is likely to bottleneck the HD5970.

D3LTA09

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
very easy to OC an i7, if you want a completely safe OC all you need to do is adjust the bclk setting in your bios. I have a 920 also and for my milder OC profile I run pretty much all stock settings except bclk changed to 175 with a x20 multiplier which gives you 3.5ghz which in reality is all you need as much higher is just for the value of saying im at 4ghz and the extra synthetic benchmark score you can get, real world performance will hardly change.

I found this article to be particularly good when I first got my i7 on release but might be better ones now some time has passed.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core-i7-920-overclocking.html