chedderslam1976

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Need to save some cash, as soon as possible

BUDGET RANGE: 1000 AR

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Folding@Home, apache/coldfusion/ms sql server

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: case, keyboard/mouse, monitor

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Good ole USA

PARTS PREFERENCES:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-1000HX

I would like to give amd some business. The six cores will be nice to have for folding and the light load this server will see. It is just me hitting it as a development box, so not a load that needs huge proc power. Folding is important.

I know the ps is overkill, but I have one for my other system, and I want it to match(dual computer case) and I will probably go pretty heavy on graphics cards for folding down the line. I won't use much of the ps now, but down the line I will.

OVERCLOCKING: No much. Would rather just stick with the stock hs for now.

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: 2 or 3 cards for folding down the line. Integrated or cheap video for now. Will mostly be remote desktop to this box.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: irrelevant.

Not sure about motherboard. Raid 5 is a requirement. Would like a couple of raid class hdds for a raid 1 array, will go to raid 5 with multiple drives when more space is needed. No need for ssd. No need for huge amounts of storage, really 100-200 gigs would do, though it is nice to have some breathing room.