Need help in Upgrading my HP Pavilion a6450in:-
Now it has:-
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz
Nvidia Geforce 7100 128MB GPU
LightScribe DVD Supermulti and another expansion slot left free
Now I need to upgrade few components:-
Nvidia GTS 250 1GB GPU
LG Blu-ray Burner
1TB HDD along with older 320GB
Transcend USB 3.0 through PCI slot
and A TV Tuner through PCI slot
And a 500W PSU to run these instead of 250W factory fitted.
1.Is it possible to do all these upgrades?
2.Does fitting a higer watt PSU destroy the system?
Foxconn MCP73M01H1 (Napa-GL8E)
Supports a maximum of 2x2GB DDR2 (4GB)
Supports Intel Core 2 Duo (Wolfsdale) E8xxx, Core 2 Duo E6xxx (Conroe) up to E6850, Pentium E2xxx series (Conroe) with Dual Core technology up to E2160, Core 2 Duo E4xxx (Conroe), Celeron 4xx series (Conroe) up to Celeron 450
1. Has a free 16x PCI-E gpu slot.
2. Can have 3 x 3.5" hdd's or devices and 2 x 5.25" devices.
3. Swap current DVD for SATA Bluray.
4. 1 x free PCI slot, use it for USB3.
5. 2 x free x1 PCI-E for TV Tuner.
5. Fitting a more powerful psu doesn't destroy a system, the current psu probably provides enough power for the default configuration, but will be insufficient for your upgrades. Looking at the picture of the case, it looks like standard ATX psu, so a 3rd party should fit.