Corsair h50 cpu temperature error

jealous989

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Recently i made a gaming computer and installed a corsair h50 cpu liquid cooling system. I have yet to install windows 7, but whenever i boot it up i get an error saying CPU temperature error. i went into the BIOS and the temperature of the CPU was like 80C degrees or 180F which is outragous. I plugged the fan into the CPU_FAN slot on my motherboard and the pump into CHA_FAN2. Please help me? i installed it exactly how they showed me.

Other information:
Motherboard: ASUS P6TD DELUXE
CPU: Intel Core i7 930
Cpu cooler: Corsair h50 hydro cooling system.
Power supply: Corsair TX750-Watt power supply

tecmo34

Administrator
I would remove the H50 and verify you removed the thin cover over the thermal compound on the H50. This seems like a very likely cause or you didn't install the H50 or thermal compound correctly.

I would clean off the compound, re-apply and try re-install the H50 (verify fully seated).

. . . or the pump isn't running.

To test this, you could swap the connectors. If the fan doesn't run, the pump wasn't running. It won't cool without the pump running.

But first make sure the mobo is set to run Fan2 (where the pump is) at 100% all the time. And set the alarm to go off LOUD if the mobo senses zero rpm from the pump . . . AND from the fan.

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006

Great troubleshooting suggestions. Please let us know if the recommendations from Twoboxer help.