Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading my HP n9060m?

Last response: in Systems
July 29, 2010 11:10:46 PM

Hey guys,

Yeah you heard it right...I'm curious to how much i can get away with upgrading this HP I've had for 2 years. I'd like to upgrade the ram, graphics card and anything else you guys think i can pull on this HP BEAST j/k. Whatever you guys can suggest would be greatly appreciated...I'm placing a link to my comp specs just to help you guys out.

Thanks
Gooch

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

More about : upgrading n9060m

July 30, 2010 7:43:52 AM

I don't want to come across as a complete tool, but you have given everyone no idea as to where your pc is not working for you. Price range is a massive factor as well. I could easily throw $2,000 into that box and see some real gains, but worth the money? Not in my eyes.

Key pieces of information would be monitor resolution and whether you are using a 64 bit operating system. What games or programs do you want to run better? I realize this is not a new build, but a lot of the information in this template can help get you helpful suggestions (as opposed to semi-annoyed or no responses).

a c 122 B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
July 30, 2010 7:48:16 AM

Budget?

What do you need to do that you cannot?

What would you like to do that you cannot?

Monitor resolution?
July 30, 2010 4:00:34 PM

Sorry guys, as you can tell im not that literate in the computer world lol. Its kinda difficult for the graphics card portion, i upgraded it to the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT for its size since my tower is kinda small and cramped lol.

As of right now I just wanna upgrade the memory and the graphics card that my current processor and motherboard will be able to support. If I have to change the PSU in order to do so, im down. I really just want more strength for gaming in general. Do to the new Star Craft 2 being out and coming soon Diablo 3, i would like my comp to be able to support those games with out blowing up. My screen resolution can go up to 1920 x 1200. Im running a 32 Vista OS. My budget is at around $1000 dollars right now, im always down for saving some money but i dont want crap in my comp.

Hope this better explains what i want guys.

Thanks for the questions
!