Upgrading my HP n9060m?

Hey guys,

Yeah you heard it right...I'm curious to how much i can get away with upgrading this HP I've had for 2 years. I'd like to upgrade the ram, graphics card and anything else you guys think i can pull on this HP BEAST j/k. Whatever you guys can suggest would be greatly appreciated...I'm placing a link to my comp specs just to help you guys out.

Thanks
Gooch

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01197633&lc=en&cc=ca&dlc=en&product=3552382
3 answers Last reply
More about upgrading n9060m
  1. I don't want to come across as a complete tool, but you have given everyone no idea as to where your pc is not working for you. Price range is a massive factor as well. I could easily throw $2,000 into that box and see some real gains, but worth the money? Not in my eyes.

Key pieces of information would be monitor resolution and whether you are using a 64 bit operating system. What games or programs do you want to run better? I realize this is not a new build, but a lot of the information in this template can help get you helpful suggestions (as opposed to semi-annoyed or no responses).
  2. Budget?

What do you need to do that you cannot?

What would you like to do that you cannot?

Monitor resolution?
  3. Sorry guys, as you can tell im not that literate in the computer world lol. Its kinda difficult for the graphics card portion, i upgraded it to the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT for its size since my tower is kinda small and cramped lol.

As of right now I just wanna upgrade the memory and the graphics card that my current processor and motherboard will be able to support. If I have to change the PSU in order to do so, im down. I really just want more strength for gaming in general. Do to the new Star Craft 2 being out and coming soon Diablo 3, i would like my comp to be able to support those games with out blowing up. My screen resolution can go up to 1920 x 1200. Im running a 32 Vista OS. My budget is at around $1000 dollars right now, im always down for saving some money but i dont want crap in my comp.

Hope this better explains what i want guys.

Thanks for the questions
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Hewlett Packard RAM Graphics Cards Systems