What are the chances of...

spongeguar

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
A gpu that is failing/dying/faulty making it through all 3 unigine benchmarks, 3dmark vantage, and ~30 min of furmark testing without a single artifact?

spongeguar

Distinguished
May 26, 2010

Just a weird issue I have in Crysis.
Objects with water behind them have a weird flickering outline appear, and I've scoured google and found nothing related to my issue.

spongeguar

Distinguished
May 26, 2010

As likely as this sounds, I hooked up my 8800gt and the issue was gone on all video settings.

So it's either a driver issue (have found no reports of said issue on google) or it's a card issue.

Have you checked the cards temps under load, It could be that Crysis is the only game that makes your graphics card reach dangerous temp levels (90C+)

Download GPU-Z and log the temps to a file whilst playing Crysis and report back with the results.

spongeguar

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
Unfortunately, I've already tried checking temps. Doesn't go above 70c while playing Crysis. Hell, it only hits 80c in furmark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkz6J-jD5P0 <-Look at the outline flickering around the foliage with the water behind it. First save is very high water with 0x AA, second save is very high water with 8x AA almost fixed issue, and third is low water with issue completely gone. Also note that setting the water to medium does not fix it, only low.

Picture for closer examination - http://i.imgur.com/P9uVe.jpg

Yeah I can definitely see an outline.. Really I don't know what to suggest, I would say RMA the card, however I expect who ever you RMA to will just test the card with Furmark (or similar) and obviously its fine in Furmark so they will say there's nothing wrong with it.

Have you fully patched the game?

spongeguar

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
It's not an issue with the card to my knowledge.
I did some more examination, and what it's trying to do si render a reflection of the things it's outlining in the water. When the AA is at 0x, it shows up as a strange flickering outline, but when it's at 2x or higher, it actually renders the reflection properly.

TRENDING THREADS