Lga 1155 mobo

ammar711

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
What is the best Mobo for Lga 1155 socket??
I want to buy a high-end Mobo that is good for overclocking and sli, I'm ready to pay 280$ for the Mb(my CPU is i7-2600k)
I Prefer Asus & gigabyte motherboards.
Here are some choices that I'm looking at:

Asus sabertooth p67~220$.
Asus P8Z68-V Pro~210$.
Gigabyte Z68X-UD5~270$.

And I have some couple of questions:
1-Does the p67 have any feature that the z68 doesn't have??

2-when will Asus release it's P8Z68 deluxe or Maximus iv formula??

All Suggestions are appreciated and welcome :)

The P67 does not have any features that are part of the chipset that isn’t part of the Z68 chipset. Now one P67 motherboard may have some features that are not on a Z68 and vise versa. The Z68 does introduce a number of new features like Intel Smart Response Technology which allows SSD caching. Also on boards with support for IGP (Intergraded Graphics Processor) and the Lucidlogix Virtu software you can switch between the dedicated video card and the IGP to get the best performance for the application that you are using. http://ark.intel.com/Compare.aspx?ids=52810,52816,

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

chesteracorgi

Distinguished

The Gigabyte offering has only 2 SATA 6.0 ports and its PCI are 2 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots (x16, x8).

MSI had a similar offering http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130597 with 3 SATA 6.0 ports.

ASUS and ASRock will be coming our with their high-mid range boards soon, and if you are not in a rush I'd advise waiting for a couple of weeks.

The ASUS Maximus seems out of your price range. I'd suggest the Revolution.

ASRock has very good gaming boards with lots of SATA 6.0 ports (Extreme4 & Extreme6). They oveclock well and the Extreme6 has a dual LAN for increased bandwidth. There is also the Fatal1ty, but I hate branding that adds little value ($20 over the Maximus6 for a gaming port and an IDE connector).

If you can wait a little for the high end Z68 you'll have a much better selection. Right now the Z68 is selling like hotcakes, and that is the lower and middle lines.

BTW the Sabertooth is an excellent board, but overpriced for the features (IMO). You get thermal protection, but fewer features. Buy a well ventillated case, and you will get more bang for the buck.