Hello,

I have a problem adding windows components (specifficaly IIS). When I choose
it from the list and press button NEXT, it starts to do something and after
a few seconds I got the message (ScreenShot:
http://www.mif.vu.lt/~vyba2843/problem/ss1.JPG) When I set the path to this
file in my CD with winXP SP2 (using Browse button) and press OK, I got
another error (ScreenShot: http://www.mif.vu.lt/~vyba2843/problem/ss2.JPG)
I tried setting various path, installiation CD's and folders - nothing
worked.
Because I don't have original WinXP professional SP2 CD, I don't tried
this - but I think that everything should work without it.

So what should I do? What is this problem about?

P.S. My windows version is:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2 (OEM)
(Installation is activated)

Thank you for your help.

Vycka

The updated DLLs/System files should be available in this folder:

%Systemroot%\ServicePackFiles
%Systemroot%\ServicePackFiles\i386

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Vycka" <vyciunas@one.lt> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem adding windows components (specifficaly IIS). When I
> choose it from the list and press button NEXT, it starts to do something
> and after a few seconds I got the message (ScreenShot:
> http://www.mif.vu.lt/~vyba2843/problem/ss1.JPG) When I set the path to
> this file in my CD with winXP SP2 (using Browse button) and press OK, I
> got another error (ScreenShot:
> http://www.mif.vu.lt/~vyba2843/problem/ss2.JPG)
> I tried setting various path, installiation CD's and folders - nothing
> worked.
> Because I don't have original WinXP professional SP2 CD, I don't tried
> this - but I think that everything should work without it.
>
> So what should I do? What is this problem about?
>
> P.S. My windows version is:
> Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2 (OEM)
> (Installation is activated)
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Vycka

Yes, there is such folder, but it is not working - I still got the same
error.
(http://www.mif.vu.lt/~vyba2843/problem/ss2.JPG)

Any more ideas?...

Vycka

> The updated DLLs/System files should be available in this folder:
>
> %Systemroot%\ServicePackFiles
> %Systemroot%\ServicePackFiles\i386
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Vycka" <vyciunas@one.lt> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a problem adding windows components (specifficaly IIS). When I
>> choose it from the list and press button NEXT, it starts to do something
>> and after a few seconds I got the message (ScreenShot:
>> http://www.mif.vu.lt/~vyba2843/problem/ss1.JPG) When I set the path to
>> this file in my CD with winXP SP2 (using Browse button) and press OK, I
>> got another error (ScreenShot:
>> http://www.mif.vu.lt/~vyba2843/problem/ss2.JPG)
>> I tried setting various path, installiation CD's and folders - nothing
>> worked.
>> Because I don't have original WinXP professional SP2 CD, I don't tried
>> this - but I think that everything should work without it.
>>
>> So what should I do? What is this problem about?
>>
>> P.S. My windows version is:
>> Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2 (OEM)
>> (Installation is activated)
>>
>> Thank you for your help.
>>
>> Vycka

Other possibilities.

You may receive the "Setup cannot copy the file staxmem.dll" error message
when you try to install IIS on a computer that is running Windows XP
Professional with SP2:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=894351

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP