Old Computer New Problems

dostarr

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Hey guys, I am currently working on an old computer. Its running DDR 400 ram 512mb x2, a 550 watt Antec, it has a K8t890-A ECS mobo. Now I have two of these motherboards each using an amd 939-pin processor. So i have two of each of that. I also have an old nvidia graphics card and a newer-ish nvidia card. I have no idea what they are neither of them have a model no. on the card. Just assume they are at least 5 years old.

The Problem: No video signal is sent to my monitor.
I have both an HDMI(DVI Converted) HD 37" TV and a 19" EGA/DVI monitor.

I have tried both motherboards, with both processors, with both graphics cards, with all three input types, EGA, HDMI (DVI Converted) and straight HDMI. (the older nvidia card only has the EGA)

I have tried using only one stick of ram with only the HDD, power pin, and basic 24 pin power and the 4 pin power plugged in, and of course the processor and video card due to a lack of on-board video.

I am clueless here guys, any help would be much appreciated.

dostarr

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
On a side note, the heat sink on the processor doesn't get warm even after about 5 minutes+ of running, the hdd disk is spinning, all three fans (power supply, heat sink, and wall fan are spinning properly. The HDD is SATA and is hooked into SATA 1 (as per the norm). I know for fact there are NO compatibility issues with these parts, I have already checked the mobo manual for compatibility issues and found none. Also I believe 550 watt to be ample power considering...well its an antique as far as computers come.

dostarr

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009

I used this same cable to hook it up to my computer, and it worked flawlessly.