Sign in with
Your question

Win7 not detecting x-fi Forte correctly

Last response: in Components
October 3, 2010 8:35:08 AM

Hi,

I "upgraded" from xp 32 to win7 ultimate 64 last night. Everything was working perfecly under xp. Now win7 isn't recongizing the Forte. I downloaded the most recent drivers from Auzen (azt_forte71_v1.21_swpack_30jul10) and nothings been working. After installing the driver, when I click on the x-fi console launcher, it says "there are no supported audio device available. You need to close the application. Click OK to close the application now." I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers many, many times. I even did a clean install of win7 again and installed the Forte drivers first thing, but with no luck.

In the device manager under sounds, the only thing that's there is 'high definition audio device.' I've made sure that my onboard realtek is disable.

Another thing is that I am receiving sound from the Forte though. Immediately after installing win7, I can play music and videos without having to install any sort of drivers. I can't, however, hear anything from my headphones when I plug them to the headphone jack behind the card.

I've just about given up on this. Anyone have any ideas? Is there a special way to install the drivers? I just basically run the setup in the audio folder. Out of curiosity, I went into 'properties' and under the 'compatibility' tab, I don't see Win7 listed. Maybe this is the cause?? If I can't get this resolved, I'll go back to good 'ol xp. Thanks.
a b \ Driver
October 3, 2010 2:27:18 PM

Download Driversweeper and install
Run in safemode
Check off Creative
Click Analyse
Click Clean
It will ask you to reboot
Don't run analyse and clean again
Just to make sure you got everything
Reboot into normal mode
The install is tricky i had to try it twice before it stuck
When you install drivers do it as Admin
Btw the install disc works like a charm but i understand you want the newest drivers so just try my suggestion
it eventually worked for me
m
l
October 3, 2010 7:14:06 PM

thanks for you reply.

I followed your suggestion, but alas, it didn't work for me :( . After running driversweeper, first i tried installing the latest drivers and that didn't work. Afterward I tried the install disc and that didn't work as well.

I did a clean install of win7 again with the internet connection disabled to make sure it doesn't install anything on its own, and removed my soundcard from my motherboard. When it was finished, I looked at the little speaker icon on the lower left hand taskbar and it was marked with an 'x' indicating that there was no sound/sound device. Next, I rebooted with my soundcard attached, and sure enough the speaker icon no longer had the red 'x' and win7 recognizes that i have sound--only that it's not the Forte, but a "high definition audio device." I played some sample music and the sound worked. Keep in mind that throughout all this i've not installed any drivers or anything yet. Next i proceeded to install the Forte drivers without any luck, and I'm back to square 1.
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
October 3, 2010 11:48:40 PM

vwj said:
thanks for you reply.

I followed your suggestion, but alas, it didn't work for me :( . After running driversweeper, first i tried installing the latest drivers and that didn't work. Afterward I tried the install disc and that didn't work as well.

I did a clean install of win7 again with the internet connection disabled to make sure it doesn't install anything on its own, and removed my soundcard from my motherboard. When it was finished, I looked at the little speaker icon on the lower left hand taskbar and it was marked with an 'x' indicating that there was no sound/sound device. Next, I rebooted with my soundcard attached, and sure enough the speaker icon no longer had the red 'x' and win7 recognizes that i have sound--only that it's not the Forte, but a "high definition audio device." I played some sample music and the sound worked. Keep in mind that throughout all this i've not installed any drivers or anything yet. Next i proceeded to install the Forte drivers without any luck, and I'm back to square 1.

Don't give up i had to do the driver install 3 times before it worked.
Wolfram23 another member with a Bravura also kept trying until it held on the 3rd attempt.
He's the one who told me to keep trying.
I originally gave up after 2 tries.
Once you see the Forte in your device manager you're halfway there keep trying.
Good luck!
m
l
October 4, 2010 3:00:12 AM

I finally got it to work. What I did was I went into device manager and under sounds, I uninstalled the 'high def audio device.' Without rebooting I installed the Forte drivers and rebooted when finished. When windows booted up, I check under sounds with little expectation that anything has changed, but there it was--Auzentech X-Fi Forte! I opened up my console launcher and it worked...no more error message.

I've rebooted my computer a few times to make sure this wasn't a fluke. So far everything seems to be working. Thanks for you help.
m
l
a b \ Driver
October 4, 2010 3:18:34 AM

vwj said:
I finally got it to work. What I did was I went into device manager and under sounds, I uninstalled the 'high def audio device.' Without rebooting I installed the Forte drivers and rebooted when finished. When windows booted up, I check under sounds with little expectation that anything has changed, but there it was--Auzentech X-Fi Forte! I opened up my console launcher and it worked...no more error message.

I've rebooted my computer a few times to make sure this wasn't a fluke. So far everything seems to be working. Thanks for you help.

Great glad you got it going i luv my Forte!
The high def audio device is related to the internal bus could be Realtek onboard not too sure.
But what i do know is gpu audio drivers can be a headache.
When i update my 5850 i install the drivers as custom install this allows you to uncheck the gpu audio drivers.
Read alot of post related to sound card problems and gpu audio drivers.
I would cutom install Nvidia gpu drivers the same way.
m
l
October 4, 2010 6:40:15 AM

So far I haven't ran across any problems with my gpu driver affecting my sound card driver. I installed my gpu driver and everything else after I got my audio driver working because I figured there wouldn't be a point for me to stay in win7 if I can't get my Forte working properly.
m
l
!