Getting brand new computer X-fired 5770s, how much RAM do I need to not run game

smefbob

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Hello,I'm going to be ordering a new computer soon and the 8GB ram I was contemplating on getting is now out of stock leaving me with 6GB(most I've seen are compatible with the motherboard I'm also thinking on getting; ASUS P7P55D-E Pro LGA 1156 Intel P55.)and 4GB (pretty much needed because this build will be using windows 7, I'm convinced it won't be enough for long with games becoming more demanding.) so I'd love to get your input on what I need, I have very poor computer experience and I could be totally wrong about RAM.

Things you might need to know:
Processor: Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield 2.8GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W

Thanks.

smefbob

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Sorry for the title subject mix-up It was supposed to say "Getting brand new computer X-fired 5770s, how much RAM do I need to not run games poorly in the future?"

if your going for an intel build, most would recommend a triple channel 6Gb kit (Intel use triple channel,Amd use dual),
4Gb is sufficient for most purposes at the moment including gaming so unless you are going to use some ram-heavy apps like photoshop or video editing, a 6Gb set will be fine for a while yet
Moto