Toshiba satellite P105-S6084 replacing CMOS battery/can't find it on MB

Fiawol230

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Hello,
I need to replace the CMOS battery on a Toshiba Satellite P105. I thought it'd be a simple coin cell that I could replace. But I can't find a coin cell on the MB. Where is this dang battery and how do I replace it!
Thanx for the help.

Fiawol230

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
I read the section in the manual about the battery. It says if you get this message "BAD RTC BATTERY BAD CHECKSUM (CMOS)
CHECK SYSTEM" to leave the computer plugged into an outlet for 24 hours to recharge the RTC battery. It does not go over how to replace it in the manual. I will try to find something else......looks like it does not use a standard cmos battery. Here's a link to a replacement battery, take a look at the picture. http://www.zlectronic.com/product/Replace-CMOS-Battery-For-Toshiba-Satellite-P105-Laptop.html

lonewolfe12001

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014

lonewolfe12001

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
I've just changed my battery on same computer and it's there.Open the computer and turm it over and the battery is on bottom side.It's the size of a dime and has two pin connector you side in.My computer wouldn't boot and I was told to change the battery.Problem wasn't the battery.The ribbion on the power board had a burnt spot and I cleaned it and works find now