BC2 drops 40 frames on my 10.6 5970

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Hi all,

I have a 5970, 10.6 drivers. One of my favourite games is bad company 2, i have it at my monitor's native res of 1080, everything literally full settings at direct x 11. Everything on ultra/highest, MSAA at 8x and AF at 16x, HBAO on.

Normally this plays smooth as anything, i use Fraps as an FPS indicator (i have no idea of its accuracy and if there's anything better) but when i let V-Sync off the hook the FPS count can rise to between 90 and 100, lowest 80 during intense scenes.

I fired up BC2 after installing 10.6, fresh restart after installation, no programs on in the background except all the necessary ones and i find that the very same graphics settings are now struggling at about 40 to 50, lowest 30 in intense scenes.

Now whether or not Fraps is accurate in an absolute way, the fact that there is a 40 frame difference between these two described instances shows something bad has happened at some point.

I checked GPU-Z and CPU-Z and everything seems well within the ordinary and functioning properly, the graphics card temps are not over what we would deem to be 'normal' on load and CPU temps are very comfortable.

If anyone has any insight i'd really appreciate it, thanks in advance.