SSD total writes. Is it safe?

Hi. I have a SanDisk Extreme SSD that's 120GB and has had a total of at least 7tb of writes to it in 24 days but it has a lifetime of 2,500,000 so should it be ok no matter what? I have done allot of reinstalls of windows, ubuntu and all types of OS's but now I want Windows 7 Ultimate as the main OS for years 'at least I hope so'. Is that allot of writes and is it bad or good?
4 answers Last reply
More about total writes safe
  1. of course it (lots of writes) will eat up the lifetimes of your ssd, if your ssd is reliable or not? well there no definite answer for that....
  2. There are some formulars that are used to determine an ssd's useful lifetime. You would have to wait 5 years to find out if the formulars are reasonably accurate. By then we'll probably have something that is new and improved.
  3. johndan102496 said:
    Hi. I have a SanDisk Extreme SSD that's 120GB and has had a total of at least 7tb of writes to it in 24 days but it has a lifetime of 2,500,000 so should it be ok no matter what? I have done allot of reinstalls of windows, ubuntu and all types of OS's but now I want Windows 7 Ultimate as the main OS for years 'at least I hope so'. Is that allot of writes and is it bad or good?

7TB in 3 weeks? jebus!
  4. 7 TB in 24 days is a lot, but if you slow down to a normal use it shouldn't be any problem. If you want you can check your SMART settings with CrystalDiskInfo or similar for a lifetime number.
    The manufacturer calculate with 20 GB per day for usually 3-5 years at least, so just go on.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Sandisk Storage