Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help me find a case

Last response: in Components
a b ) Power supply
October 3, 2010 1:05:01 PM

I would like to expand my current build to accommodate additional Hard Drives, as well as having a more modern case. Any help would be much appreciated.

Here are my requirements:

At least 6 internal 3.5 inch drive bays.
IEEE 1394 to the front panel, not halfway back the case.
At least 2 external 5.25 inch drive bays.
Case window that lets me see as much of the guts as possible
Either no lighting, or blue LED lighting.
Top Mounted PSU

I would also like the case to be as cheap as possible, not over 80 USD.

If there is anything else you want to know, please ask.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

More about : find case

Related resources
a c 694 ) Power supply
October 3, 2010 2:09:58 PM

If you look at the pictures it has 1394 to the left on the front. Never mind it is blanked over on CM website.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
October 3, 2010 2:21:46 PM

The specs say that it does not, and from the pictures, it looks like a cutout for optional 1394, but is not included when you purchase the case. If there is a cheap way to add that functionality, that would be fantastic.
m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
October 3, 2010 2:41:18 PM

user 18 said:
Very nice, but the PSU is bottom-mounted - Don't know how well that will work for me. I'll have to give it some serious consideration.

Anything else you'd recommend?

Another option would be any case and THIS front panel Multi card reader that includes Firewire !!

Cheaper unit from Amazon.com but not as functional (but if you only need firewire and not the multi card reader etc.)
a b ) Power supply
October 3, 2010 2:42:49 PM

rolli59 said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... cheap cooler master case.

For this case, does anyone know of a good, color-matching lead for front panel connections to the 7th 3.5 inch bay, or even to a 5.25 inch bay? That would make this case perfect for my needs.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
October 3, 2010 2:46:18 PM

Quote:
For this case, does anyone know of a good, color-matching lead for front panel connections to the 7th 3.5 inch bay, or even to a 5.25 inch bay? That would make this case perfect for my needs.

JDFan said:
Another option would be any case and THIS front panel Multi card reader that includes Firewire !!

I had literally just found that exact reader. That would go great with the first case suggested by rolli59.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
October 3, 2010 2:48:16 PM

user 18 said:

Perhaps this ?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
October 3, 2010 2:51:03 PM

JDFan said:
Perhaps this ?

That's great - It has everything I'd use, and nothing I wouldn't. I'll have to see if I can find one of those locally before I buy online, but that's perfect!
m
l
a b ) Power supply
October 3, 2010 11:01:08 PM

Best answer selected by user 18.
m
l
!