Sign in with
Your question

HAF 912 - just finished build - my review.

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Build
  • Components
Last response: in Components
October 3, 2010 4:26:21 PM

I'll admit off the bat this is was my first build - perhaps that is testament to how easy the HAF 912 was to work with. I enjoyed this case so much I had to share my thoughts.

You can read a more well written review than mine to find out the details, But it was a joy to work with...

Spacious (I have an 11' super OC 470), dust filters on the front intake and under the PSU, sturdy - solid. weight reflects quality. GREAT cable management. I was able to hide almost everything behind the right side panel. Taking out the drive bays that I didn't use opened up even more space.

The only thing I'd recommend would be adding a few extra fans... however I must admit I installed my extras before flipping it on, so I couldn't tell you how hot it gets with the 2 stock fans. I saw a trio of fans on Ebay and snatched em up. That being said, my four 120s and single 200mm are very quiet and provide GREAT airflow.

There's really nothing to criticize this case on... no side window maybe? I guess my only drawback there is that I don't get to see how pretty the insides look with tons of space and no clutter.

I'll follow up with pics soon.

More about : haf 912 finished build review

a b ) Power supply
October 3, 2010 9:59:17 PM

October 4, 2010 4:02:27 PM

Sorry for the Edit,Please post pics too!
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
October 4, 2010 4:07:37 PM

Congrats on your first build and nice to see some feedback posted here too after you finished. Looking forward to seeing some photos when you have them. Hmmmm a side window...sounds like a mod in the making to me ;)  I did one on my Antec 300 - it's a nice simple mod and looks great. You won't regret it! Happy gaming ;) 
March 12, 2011 12:48:02 AM

OP, what are your temps with this case? I'm torn between this case and the HAF 922 and not sure what to get. I do plan on adding a 200mm fan on top, two 120mm in front, and one 140mm on side. the 200mm is going to be the cooler master megaflow 200mm, the rest of the fans are gonna be the xigmatek, which are quiet and offer superior airflow, while remaining under 20dbA.
a b ) Power supply
March 12, 2011 1:34:25 AM

I put six Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F fans in my HAF 912 case, and now it really lives up to the HAF name. Next week, it will also have a CPU water cooling loop installed (the EK H3O Supreme HF 240 kit).
March 12, 2011 5:51:00 PM

Destroysall said:
OP, what are your temps with this case? I'm torn between this case and the HAF 922 and not sure what to get. I do plan on adding a 200mm fan on top, two 120mm in front, and one 140mm on side. the 200mm is going to be the cooler master megaflow 200mm, the rest of the fans are gonna be the xigmatek, which are quiet and offer superior airflow, while remaining under 20dbA.

The case exhausts cool air, even when I've been gaming a while.

Since my rig has handled pretty much every game I've thrown at it at maxed out settings I haven't bothered with overclocking or much temp monitoring.

If you recommend a program and tell me what numbers you are looking for I'll post the info.

That being said the HAF 912 has provided awesome functionality and value. Accommodates the largest video cards (like my super oc gtx 470) and a big cpu cooler and has tons of space. Like I said the cable management is awesome - I was able to hide almost every cable in the case behind the right panel. dust filters, fan expansion slots, etc. spend 20-30 bucks on some extra fans and you're golden
!