Atheros L1 Driver Problem

Syal

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
Howdy,

I have a small problem with my W7 drivers for the Atheros L1 network card (ASUS P5KLP motherboard).

After I woke up my internet connection wouldn't start anymore and I troubleshooted with the Windows Troubleshoot program, and it pretty much ended saying that the driver was broken, however the only way to fix it was with a system restore or a driver rollback (which I can't do because Windows doesn't allow me to)

Anyways, I did a system restore, it did nothing, so I procceeded to get the W7 drivers for the network card, but on install it said that it couldn't find any Atheros L1 network card currently on my computer, therefore could not install, which resulted in 1 hour of looking around for an answer both on other forums and checking the system, but didn't really find anything.

Thanks.

Find the Atheros LAN adapter in your device manager, uninstall the driver, and check the checkbox labeled "Delete the driver software for this device". Then right click anywhere in the device manager window and click "Scan for hardware changes". This will force 7 to re-detect the device and load the generic driver again.

arkus

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2003
I've had problems with the default Win7 driver for this mobo.

Try the Attansic driver, it works fine for me, whereas the default Win7 driver provoked BSODs.

Provider: Attansic
Version: 2.0.6000.0
Date: 15/3/2007

You should be able to download this directly from Asus.

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
Man, these atheros lan cards suck when used with W7. I had many problems with it on W7 RC build 7100 (which I am still using). The net would disconnect, wont connect back etc. etc. Solution: Simple. I bought a cheap PCI realtek lan card and all my problems went away. I am not sure if the solution is available now or not, but you might wanna try using a discrete LAN card having realtek chipset.

NinjaTic07

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
Thanks to mpowrie:

I also got this problem: When transfering large amounts of data over the network the network card would disconnect, requiring a "disable/enable" to fix.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit RTM and the latest Atheros driver (2.4.7.27).

To resolve, I went into the driver properties, clicked Advanced / Task Offload, and I turned this feature off.

Now, the driver works fine for me

link: http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/5787-problems-atheros-l1-ethernet-adapter-win7-x64-2.html

G

Sorry about that replying to old post, but I just love answers like this:

You mean ASUS P5KPL? [not P5KLP] Whats the other numbers after it?

Theres are four different models of that board.

So, what is a point to post questions like this? If NinjaTic07 give you specific number after P5KPL then you will know what is wrong with Atheros lan chip?

Thanx god other users can be more smart and don't post useless questions instead of says "i don't know".

In my case Atheros was always works bad. In one computer I even has conflict with router (but that's drivers fault). Best drivers I was using for XP some days Attansic drivers (Attansic is pre-Atheros) then new ones but disconnectings, enable/disable thing to resolve, repair etc. is a typical for this chip. I will go to shop and buy REAL lan card I think for resolve all my problems. And that's my advice to you.

javik_77

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011

when i check my speed upload conection disconect or when i want to upload a large file

excelent solution !!!!!!! i work for this ******* problem months

the disable task offload off resolve my problem !

thank you a lot !
:bounce: