changing the double click speed to do a dodge

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

when i try reducing the speed of the double click to perform a dodge i seem
to end up being unable to do a dodge at all and have to reset the settings
to the default to fix it. anyone else find this?

bob wrote:

> when i try reducing the speed of the double click to perform a dodge i seem
> to end up being unable to do a dodge at all and have to reset the settings
> to the default to fix it. anyone else find this?

It could just be that you aren't able to hit the keys quickly enough.
Try increasing the dodge double click time delay, instead.

"bob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> when i try reducing the speed of the double click to perform a dodge i
seem
> to end up being unable to do a dodge at all and have to reset the settings
> to the default to fix it. anyone else find this?

well setting it to 0.25 means if you want to dodge you have got to tap
really quick to dodge. Where as if you set it up for 0.75 you had better
remember that you don`t have to double tap as quick.

Mines setup @ 0.40 in UT & UT2004 and it`s average from what i can gather.

"bob" <nospam@nospam.com> Blessed us with news:2msicfFq212vU1@uni-
berlin.de:

> when i try reducing the speed of the double click to perform a
> dodge i seem to end up being unable to do a dodge at all and
> have to reset the settings to the default to fix it. anyone
> else find this?

I try to keep my dodge setting around 0.5. If I set it too short
I can not dodge at all and if I set it too long I will end up
leaping off of tall clifs and buildings while trying to sneak up
on the edge of it. Very annoying! :( I have since learned to
use the crouch key to walk to the very edge of a structure that
I'm standing on top of if I don't want to go hurtling off of it.
If you press and hold the crouch key you can walk to the edge of
something without falling off of it.

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."
Mr.K

For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003, or UT2004.
http://www.unrealtower.org/faq