Sign in with
Your question

Reoccurring audio issue with my new build

Last response: in Systems
July 30, 2010 4:16:30 PM

I just recently built a system with http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite... EVGA P55 SLI Motherboard - Intel P55, Socket LGA1156, SLI+PhysX, Crossfire as my motherboard. I am having an issue that happens daily now, but happens randomly and may end up being a windows 7 issue I am running into when leaving a game, or just some times randomly I lose sound to my 5.1 surround, none of the speakers will put out any sound.

The only fix I have found so far is resetting the computer, I tried logging out and back in and that wouldn't fix it but shutting down or restarting will bring my audio back, I have tried toying with audio settings, making sure any enhancements are off and tried multiple different applications to check sound. Started happening after I installed StarCraft 2 but I have had it happen without running SC2 at all, and have had it happen in game, or just when I close it out.

I can check the sound mixer in th bottom task bar and it shows the green bar moving indicating it should be playing sound but when I play a song in winamp it will move really slowly on the song time making me wonder if it is a sound driver issue, any tips?
July 30, 2010 4:21:52 PM

Just to add a bit more information, it is Windows 7 home premium 64-bit. I have not tried reinstalling the drivers but will most likely do that when I get home, I am using the rear audio slots, tried taking out the audio cables that connect it to the speakers and putting them back but didn't change anything.
m
l
August 5, 2010 5:42:27 PM

Reinstalled the audio driver and had the issue happen again, any thoughts?
m
l
!