Reoccurring audio issue with my new build

I just recently built a system with http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5083733&CatId=4720 EVGA P55 SLI Motherboard - Intel P55, Socket LGA1156, SLI+PhysX, Crossfire as my motherboard. I am having an issue that happens daily now, but happens randomly and may end up being a windows 7 issue I am running into when leaving a game, or just some times randomly I lose sound to my 5.1 surround, none of the speakers will put out any sound.

The only fix I have found so far is resetting the computer, I tried logging out and back in and that wouldn't fix it but shutting down or restarting will bring my audio back, I have tried toying with audio settings, making sure any enhancements are off and tried multiple different applications to check sound. Started happening after I installed StarCraft 2 but I have had it happen without running SC2 at all, and have had it happen in game, or just when I close it out.

I can check the sound mixer in th bottom task bar and it shows the green bar moving indicating it should be playing sound but when I play a song in winamp it will move really slowly on the song time making me wonder if it is a sound driver issue, any tips?
2 answers Last reply
More about reoccurring audio issue build
  1. Just to add a bit more information, it is Windows 7 home premium 64-bit. I have not tried reinstalling the drivers but will most likely do that when I get home, I am using the rear audio slots, tried taking out the audio cables that connect it to the speakers and putting them back but didn't change anything.
  2. Reinstalled the audio driver and had the issue happen again, any thoughts?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Audio Motherboards Systems