New build OS booting trouble

p4r4d0x

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
Alright, so I am having some issues with getting my OS on my new computer. So basically I mounted an ISO image on a DVD+R of W7, I got it via a downloader I got from my school. I insert it into the IDE DVD drive I start up my computer. After a few screens, it ended up hanging on "Verifying DMI Pool data". I then went to the BIOS and tweaked my boot order a bit to the DVD-ROM first and HDD second. I try again, the computer starts, then turns off for a second, then boots up again. However, it goes past the Verifying DNI Pool data and then went to a black screen. However, after a while it was still hanging there, so I go to try again.
This time, the PC started, shut down, then started up again. It then goes through the screens and then says it is "detecting drives". Next thing I know it says that is cannot detect any drives, and I hadn't even touched any of the connections. It then proceeds to hang at "Verifying DNI pool data" again.

Also, the DVD reader I have I got from an old computer, might that be the cause?

Apart from that does anyone know what is going on/what to do?

Specs:
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Intel Core i7 930
ATI Radeon HD5850
Antec Truepower New 750W
WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA3 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB Cache
12GB Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 DDR3 RAM

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010

http://www.duxcw.com/faq/computer/dmi.html