Can .mp3 music be converted into .ogg

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 30, 2004 4:03:43 AM

Hi, is there any way to convert mp3 into ogg to play in the game?
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 4:03:44 AM

"riz" <nospam@nospam.com> Blessed us with news:2mte20Fqt0u0U1@uni-
berlin.de:

> Hi, is there any way to convert mp3 into ogg to play in the game?

If you're speaking of ogg vorbis, you must also be talking about
UT2004? I believe there is a way to do this but I don't know how
to do it myself. Anyway you will be facing copyright infringement,
and could find yourself in a nice cockroach infested jail cell if
you do it!! If I were you, I would make sure the mp3 was either
mine or I had exclusive written permission from the author to use
their mp3 in the game!!!!11!!. This is the same delima that mod
makers faced when converting an mp3 to umx for Unreal Tournament.
You could get lucky and no one ever catch you at it but if they
did......Ooooooooooooo....they would most likely punish you to
the maximum extent of the law for illegally distributing their
music!. Just thought I would give you something to think about
before you even considered doing it. :)

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."
Mr.K

For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003, or UT2004.
http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
July 30, 2004 4:03:45 AM

"JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote in message
> "riz" <nospam@nospam.com> Blessed us with news:2mte20Fqt0u0U1@uni-
> berlin.de:
>
> > Hi, is there any way to convert mp3 into ogg to play in the game?
>
> If you're speaking of ogg vorbis, you must also be talking about
> UT2004? I believe there is a way to do this but I don't know how
> to do it myself. Anyway you will be facing copyright infringement,
> and could find yourself in a nice cockroach infested jail cell if
> you do it!! If I were you, I would make sure the mp3 was either
> mine or I had exclusive written permission from the author to use
> their mp3 in the game!!!!11!!. This is the same delima that mod
> makers faced when converting an mp3 to umx for Unreal Tournament.
> You could get lucky and no one ever catch you at it but if they
> did......Ooooooooooooo....they would most likely punish you to
> the maximum extent of the law for illegally distributing their
> music!. Just thought I would give you something to think about
> before you even considered doing it. :)

Um, you are asuming that he want to distribute the file. Many ut2k4 players,
myself included, have converted some of their fav songs to .ogg format to play
in game, on our own system. It wouldn't be illegal to play a CD in the
background while playing a game, and that is no different (you must, of course,
own the CD that the mp3 came from).

The fastest and cheapest (free) program I have seen to do it is called
dBpowerAMP Music Converter, or dMC from http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

Just make sure you do to their codecs page and also download and install the ogg
plugin for it, since it doesn't come included by default.
July 30, 2004 4:24:52 AM

Hi,

Sonic Foundry's Sound Forge 6 can do it.

Regards,
Paul

riz wrote:
> Hi, is there any way to convert mp3 into ogg to play in the game?

Anonymous
September 27, 2004 12:26:05 AM

"riz" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi, is there any way to convert mp3 into ogg to play in the game?

Jet Audio can do it, and it's a free download
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 5:09:42 AM

You can try this tool -- Audio Splitter Convertor 1.8
You can download it from:
http://www.qwerks.com/download/7472/AudioTool.exe
or
http://www.coolextractor.com/download/audiotool.exe

1.It can split one Audio File (Mp3 ,Wav ,WMA ,Ogg) into

smaller Audio files(MP3,Wav ,WMA,Ogg).

2.It can can convert to all supported formats and you

can switch between formats in one click!

3.It can convert Mp3 ,Wav ,WMA ,Ogg from one format to

another

4.Allow for changing the property of the MP3 Wav, Ogg,

Wma(such as Sample Rate,Bit Rate).
!