Need help

avedawg

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
Hi all, i have an old pc gateway gt 5428, i do a little gameing. I already upgraded the memory 2gb, and i use to have an ati radeon 1300 in it great card had for years, but see im an buget gamer and i love this little pc never had a problem from it in anyway so i dont want to retire it yet... the 1300 said it needed a 350w powersupply but im sure you all know this system only has a 300w the card never had a problem, anyways i called talked to experts and they tell me i can't put a 5670 card in this because of the power for my machine is only 300w, so i need to get a bigger power supply... is this true or can i run a 5670? see i want a 5670 now intill i do upgrade then i will buy another down the road cross fire them but intill then i just want something so i can run some of my sorta new rpg and old one's, but if i can't please help me to find were i can buy the right power supply for this machine and cpu upgrade if i need to do this, but my main question is can i run a 5670 sorry it's long just want to get everthing down that i can at once