Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help me to choose: asus vs gigabyte

Last response: in Motherboards
May 25, 2011 3:49:33 AM

Hi, I must choose one of this motherboards and I can't tell which one is the best buy... can anyone help me to make a choice?

Asus M4A89gtd Pro/usb3

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A89GTD_PROUSB3/#specifications

or

Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3785#sp

It seems that the Gigabyte motherboard have AM3+ socket support, is this a good enough reason to pick this one?

More about : choose asus gigabyte

May 25, 2011 4:07:39 AM

I don't need crossfire, I'll use the PC mostly for work ...

These 2 motherboards are the best that I can get in the local stores (I live in south america... :(  )

So, do you think I should buy the gigabyte?

m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 25, 2011 4:23:31 AM

If you wait a little more, new AM3+ cheaper mobos will show up in there. And within 2 or 3 weeks the new AM3+ CPUs will be released as well. That Gigabyte is good only it's expensive for your needs.
May 25, 2011 5:47:41 AM

I think I remember something. Cannot really remember sorry. But if I recall I think ASUS was better for Intel and Gigabyte was better for AMD, might be the other way around.
m
l
May 25, 2011 1:19:47 PM

mosox said:
If you wait a little more, new AM3+ cheaper mobos will show up in there. And within 2 or 3 weeks the new AM3+ CPUs will be released as well. That Gigabyte is good only it's expensive for your needs.

I agree, if I wait a few weeks I'll get a better price, but I should make a choice by this weekend :( 

So I guess I'll go with the gigabyte one, and the only reason will be to have a socket am3+ board to plan for a cpu update...
m
l
May 25, 2011 1:20:50 PM

Shpati said:
I think I remember something. Cannot really remember sorry. But if I recall I think ASUS was better for Intel and Gigabyte was better for AMD, might be the other way around.

I'm not sure about that... I just wanted some advice about the 2 mobo that I suggested, and know if the socket am3+ is a good enough reason to make a choice.
m
l
June 1, 2011 12:25:57 PM

Best answer selected by avaldez314.
m
l
!