Sign in with
Your question

Please help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 23, 2010 5:16:28 AM

Hello,
I have graphics card"nvidia geforce 8500 gt".when booting through bios screen at dos,the text goes with strange colors and when i put the card again in to the socket.it goes the same problem and when booting at windows the system either crash or goes until i open agame .please any one try to help me because i am very upset of this serious problem .hint when I unplug the card from pci-e and turn into built-in graphics chip the system works properly but as you know it is weak graphics accelerator and thanks for your care
i will be waiting for any reply

processor:intel pentium 4 3.2GHZ CASH 2MB
MEMORY:1GB

More about : question

a b Î Nvidia
June 23, 2010 10:49:44 AM

Try your card in another PC, if the same problem exist then your card is dying...
Also make sure your card is free from dust. :) 
June 24, 2010 9:16:43 PM

First thank you for your reply,wa1
I did what you said exactly before posting the problem.this results the same but i think to rewrite card bios What about your opinion ??
Related resources
June 24, 2010 9:18:19 PM

probably bad video memory. a replacement card is your best bet.
June 24, 2010 9:22:46 PM

dgingeri said:

Thank you for your reply.what about rewrite card bios ??
please tell me your opinion
June 24, 2010 9:33:05 PM

khaled263 said:
Thank you for your reply.what about rewrite card bios ??
please tell me your opinion

well, you could try it. It's free. However, I've never heard of that fixing anything. a video bios is pretty simple. it doesn't do much so it doesn't fix much.
June 24, 2010 10:01:15 PM

dgingeri said:

what do u mean by bad video memory ? the card is dead or problem can be solved???
June 24, 2010 10:06:08 PM

khaled263 said:
what do u mean by bad video memory ? the card is dead or problem can be solved???

normally, this can't be fixed, but I remember a few people who have tried "baking" their card to fix these issues. The procedures can be found through a google search.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=video+ca...

I can't promise anything. I can't promise that it won't just make things worse. However, it is a possibility.
June 24, 2010 10:13:22 PM

dgingeri said:
normally, this can't be fixed, but I remember a few people who have tried "baking" their card to fix these issues. The procedures can be found through a google search.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=video+ca...

I can't promise anything. I can't promise that it won't just make things worse. However, it is a possibility.

Excuse me what do you mean by "baking" the graphics card
June 25, 2010 1:20:10 AM

sorry I forgot to tell you something .sometimes the card work properly without driver,not show the problem at bootscreen at dos and when installing driver the card work for while.when show an animation on screen the system freeze.i got very upset .and i really don't what to do.thank you for your interest
a b Î Nvidia
June 25, 2010 3:38:50 PM

Replace the card. Either your memory chips or the processor on the video card are bad. You don't see any issues without a driver bacause you are running at a very low resolution and without any features enabled. Any $60-$100 card now will outperform your card and should cure your issue. If you keep trying to mess with the card the only thing that will end up happening is that something else in the computer will fry, like the motherboard.
June 26, 2010 9:52:09 PM

Thank you for your reply and care about my issue
July 2, 2010 12:29:49 AM

Hello everybody sorry for long absence
my graphics card has the following problems

please check and tell me your opinion
a b Î Nvidia
July 2, 2010 2:08:24 PM

khaled263 said:
Hello everybody sorry for long absence
my graphics card has the following problems
http://www.mediafire.com/?2xzmojmgnwt
please check and tell me your opinion

Image did not go through.
July 2, 2010 2:30:27 PM

is your card overclocked?
July 2, 2010 2:57:57 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Image did not go through.

Hello hang the 9 this is the image

a b Î Nvidia
July 2, 2010 4:26:34 PM

From the looks of that, check what mjsharma recommended, maybe you have the memory or core speeds over what is good for the card. If you don't, you need a new card, or possibly try underclocking it. These type of artfacts generally happen when the card overheats, is pushed to run over the speeds it is capable of, or has something wrong with the chips.

A new video card is probably in your future.
July 3, 2010 10:03:19 PM

mjsharma said:
is your card overclocked?

Thank you for your reply
My card isn't overclocked ,instead it get hot after a few minutes of starting the computer
How can I overcome the heat
tip:
yesterday I work with the card perfectly for 9 hours and was working perfectly
but how can i overcome the problem of overheat
Thanks
a b Î Nvidia
July 6, 2010 1:58:35 PM

khaled263 said:
Thank you for your reply
My card isn't overclocked ,instead it get hot after a few minutes of starting the computer
How can I overcome the heat
tip:
yesterday I work with the card perfectly for 9 hours and was working perfectly
but how can i overcome the problem of overheat
Thanks

Your card may not have a fan on it, and the case cooling may not be enough to cool it. High heat would cause this type of issue.

You may either buy a fan to put directly on the card, or an easier way is to get a fan that attaches to a free expantion slot near the card that blows on the video card's heasink.

Something like http://www.thefind.com/computers/info-expansion-card-co...

You may need to look at the layout of you case to see if this is possible and to make sure the fan will move air around the card.
July 8, 2010 4:20:17 PM

my card has the following output

What is the problem

July 12, 2010 11:09:15 PM

Hello i have about 70$ and I want to buy nvidia graphics cards
What the model to buy
!